The Student Room Group

What should I do if I was a minor when arrived?

I am applying for the academic year of 2019/2020 for a fashion course in London. I have got all the evidence I have been requested for by Student Finance, however they are asking me for an evidence from the 1/09/2014 to 3/09/2014 and I because I was 15 years old when I arrived in the country, I don’t have any evidence from around that time. I did sent them a letter from my High School at that time confirming I started studying there as an official student on the 4/09/2014. This is a very distressing situation as I had to take a gap year after Sixth form because I didn’t have 5 years residency and now this. I really want to go to uni. I am already 21, what can I do?
(Original post by Victoria SFE)
We require evidence the period stated in the letters, if the evidence you have provided does not cover these periods then we would require additional evidence.
Original post by MaureenAl
I am applying for the academic year of 2019/2020 for a fashion course in London. I have got all the evidence I have been requested for by Student Finance, however they are asking me for an evidence from the 1/09/2014 to 3/09/2014 and I because I was 15 years old when I arrived in the country, I don’t have any evidence from around that time. I did sent them a letter from my High School at that time confirming I started studying there as an official student on the 4/09/2014. This is a very distressing situation as I had to take a gap year after Sixth form because I didn’t have 5 years residency and now this. I really want to go to uni. I am already 21, what can I do?
(Original post by Victoria SFE)
We require evidence the period stated in the letters, if the evidence you have provided does not cover these periods then we would require additional evidence.

Hi Maureen,

What date did you move to the UK?

Thanks,
Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Maureen,

What date did you move to the UK?

Thanks,
Stuart

I moved to the UK on the 4th of July of 2014. I can send SF evidences of the date of my arrival in the country.

Thank you,

Maureen
I moved to the UK on the 4th of July of 2014. I can send SF evidences of the date of my arrival in the country.

Thank you,

Maureen

Did your parents claim Child Benefit or Tax Credits between July and the end of August 2014? Did you have a young person's bank account at all?

Thanks,
Stuart
Reply 4
I am not 100% sure but I think my mother did not claim any benefits until after September. As for the young person’s account I did not have one either.

Nevetheless, I have the application form, my mother and I filled in, in order to register me in that high school and more evidences from school that I was in the country from early July.

Thank you,

Maureen
Did your parents claim Child Benefit or Tax Credits between July and the end of August 2014? Did you have a young person's bank account at all?

Thanks,
Stuart
I am not 100% sure but I think my mother did not claim any benefits until after September. As for the young person’s account I did not have one either.

Nevetheless, I have the application form, my mother and I filled in, in order to register me in that high school and more evidences from school that I was in the country from early July.

Thank you,

Maureen

If the available evidence you have still to send in is enough to cover the remaining period then we will be able to move forward with the application.

Regards,
Stuart
Reply 6
It makes me very happy to read that.

Thank you very much for you help and time.

Kind regards,

Maureen
If the available evidence you have still to send in is enough to cover the remaining period then we will be able to move forward with the application.

Regards,
Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest