The Student Room Group

Senator for Queensland makes disgusting remarks in wake of NZ massacre

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1611
then by that logic, everyone who found the Burberry noose jumper and the Gucci blackface jumper to not be a big deal must also find racism to not be a big deal.🤷

There’s a difference, this is religious discrimination, those examples are up for interpretation.
Far right nationalist says far right nationalist things. I’m not shocked as his views are entirely predictable.

Thankfully such views belong to a small minority of losers.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
There’s a difference, this is religious discrimination, those examples are up for interpretation.

and so is this one. your interpretation is that it was "religious discrimination", my interpretation is that it was funny but stupid.
and so is this one. your interpretation is that it was "religious discrimination", my interpretation is that it was funny but stupid.

There is no room for misrepresentation when a person says there’s a growing fear in the community of the muslim presence, when a person says muslims are usually the perpetrators, when a person says Islam is the religious equivalent of fascism, that is religious discrimination, are you slow or are you just trying to save face?
There is no room for misrepresentation when a person says there’s a growing fear in the community of the muslim presence, when a person says muslims are usually the perpetrators, when a person says Islam is the religious equivalent of fascism, that is religious discrimination, are you slow or are you just trying to save face?

neither, I just have a different opinion to you. you're just having trouble dealing with that.
neither, I just have a different opinion to you. you're just having trouble dealing with that.

You can’t have a different opinion, religious discrimination is what it is, if anyone’s having trouble dealing with something it’s you.
You can’t have a different opinion, religious discrimination is what it is, if anyone’s having trouble dealing with something it’s you.

dude, are you like, dumb? the first thing you felt/thought when you saw this was 'this is religious discrimination', the first thing he felt when he saw this was 'wow this is funny and stupid'. he is not you and you are not him. he can have any reaction he wants to this. and he wasn't laughing at the 'religious discrimination'. the statements were simply funny to him. there's nothing more to it than that.

oh and, who are you to tell someone they 'can't have a different opinion' ? idiot.
Original post by bloomer36
dude, are you like, dumb? the first thing you felt/thought when you saw this was 'this is religious discrimination', the first thing he felt when he saw this was 'wow this is funny and stupid'. he is not you and you are not him. he can have any reaction he wants to this. and he wasn't laughing at the 'religious discrimination'. the statements were simply funny to him. there's nothing more to it than that.

oh and, who are you to tell someone they 'can't have a different opinion' ? idiot.

thanks, I'm a "she" by the way🙂
You can’t have a different opinion,

says who? you?
thanks, I'm a "she" by the way🙂

oops, sorry.

no problem. not sure why he/she was attacking you like a maniac.
oops, sorry.

no problem. not sure why he/she was attacking you like a maniac.

no problem 🙂

Ouch, you got some bacon with those fries?

The senator was throwing discriminatory language around, if you can't see that then you really need to dig deep, telling a whole religious community that they are fascists is religious discrimination, you can't have different opinions on that, that's like someone calling a dog a cat.
says who? you?

This is not an instance where there are different opinions, discrimination is what it is, and here it's as clear as can be.
This is not an instance where there are different opinions,

says who? you? did you make the standard of what opinions society must have now? are you the thought police?
says who? you? did you make the standard of what opinions society must have now? are you the thought police?

I'll leave that to God.

If someone posts comments saying a certain religion is this and that, in this instance, a group of facist murderers, that is religious discrimination, you can't say it's something else, it is what it is.
I'll leave that to God.

is that a joke?🙂 I thought you claimed there was no God, how you gonna leave that to someone you don't think even exists?

If someone posts comments saying a certain religion is this and that, in this instance, a group of facist murderers, that is religious discrimination, you can't say it's something else, it is what it is.

agree to disagree 🙂
Reply 36
What's shocking about this? What he says is all factual, and he's quite brave for saying it. This would only be 'shocking' to Muslims or non-Muslims that don't know what is inside the Quran.

Do you have no sense of common decency to understand that, regardless of how "true" the Senators' comments are, he should not have voiced his opinions within such a close time-frame to the death of 49 innocent individuals?

Not only did he voice his opinion, his comments attribute the blame to the victims themselves- how arrogant, discriminatory and damn-right disrespectful.

Oh and please publish the sources, so that we can verify these so-called "facts" that you seem to have been brainwashed by.
is that a joke?🙂 I thought you claimed there was no God, how you gonna leave that to someone you don't think even exists?

Learn to take a joke.

I love how you've pounced on something so unimportant to the current discussion, diversion at its finest.

agree to disagree 🙂

Could you provide an actual argument.
Could you provide an actual argument.

I had a feeling it was a joke, I just wanted to check 🙂

i would but I don't want to get into a debate. that's why I said "agree to disagree".
I had a feeling it was a joke, I just wanted to check 🙂

i would but I don't want to get into a debate. that's why I said "agree to disagree".

Since you don't want to provide your side of the argument I'll just take it that you don't have one, I'm sure you'd of enlightened me by now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending