The Student Room Group

Computer science or geography GCSE?

I'm in year nine and I have to choose what to drop out of my four extra GCSE subjects, as we can now only take three. I have a higher grade in computing than geography, but I don't know if it will be helpful? Did anyone take either and what are your experiences?
Hi, I do gcse geography and really enjoy it! A lot of it is associated with what we do in today’s world so is quite interesting
Original post by Elliesouth.x
Hi, I do gcse geography and really enjoy it! A lot of it is associated with what we do in today’s world so is quite interesting

Thanks. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews of people saying it's too hard, but I think I might find it interesting.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm currently doing Geography for GCSE and I love it so much that I've decided to take it for A-Level too. Honestly, it's up to you which subject you prefer and if you need to take either of these subjects for A-Levels to get the career you want. I don't do computing so I can't really say whether you should take it or not but I think the human part of Geography is very useful in general. Also, it is considered a facilitating subject by universities so if you decide to take it for A-Level, it will definitely be an attractive quality. Good luck with your choice either way!
Original post by anonymous2288
I'm in year nine and I have to choose what to drop out of my four extra GCSE subjects, as we can now only take three. I have a higher grade in computing than geography, but I don't know if it will be helpful? Did anyone take either and what are your experiences?
Original post by stephanieraine
I'm currently doing Geography for GCSE and I love it so much that I've decided to take it for A-Level too. Honestly, it's up to you which subject you prefer and if you need to take either of these subjects for A-Levels to get the career you want. I don't do computing so I can't really say whether you should take it or not but I think the human part of Geography is very useful in general. Also, it is considered a facilitating subject by universities so if you decide to take it for A-Level, it will definitely be an attractive quality. Good luck with your choice either way!

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest