The Student Room Group

CCU to ABB (daily thread)

Daily thread of progress from CCU (mocks) to ABB for university entrance.
Will post hours of work done on each subject and type of revision.

Subjects and year 13 mock grade:
Business studies: C
Computing: C
Maths: U
(edited 5 years ago)
good luck :smile: x
Good luck Champ! I turned around CCB at AS to AAB at A2 so it's more than possible.
For AS I went from U to B in english literature in 3 weeks maybe that's inspiration? Good Luck
Reply 4
Day 1 -
Home ~4:30

Procrastination/Video games/Youtube ~4 hours
Study 0 hours

Not a good start, going to aim for at least 1 hour tommorow.
(edited 5 years ago)
heya, would you like me to move this to the grow your grades section? you may get more support from others there :smile:
Reply 6
sure, appreciate it
Original post by entertainmyfaith
heya, would you like me to move this to the grow your grades section? you may get more support from others there :smile:
i've moved this to the gyg section, best of luck with exams :smile:
Reply 8
Day 2:
Home ~2:30

Computing ~30 minutes

Need to start doing more coursework soon, half an hour a day wont be enough
Reply 9
Day 3:
Home ~2:00

Planning / Reading on organisation, organisation of textbooks and folders, coming up with plans for structuring my revision ~2 hours
Exercise ~1 1/2 hours
I got predicted a U by my school and got an A in A level maths, so you can do it!
Reply 11
Thats awesome - any tips?
Original post by Person12345678
I got predicted a U by my school and got an A in A level maths, so you can do it!
Work hard, don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something!

I went to one of the worst schools in the country so I pretty much taught myself everything. I bought old textbooks online and did every exam paper since 1995 or something like that.

I always mention it at my job interviews as a challenge that I've overcome!

Was the thing I was most academically proud of until I got a First in Economics at Uni

But now I work in a really posh office and feel a bit segregated based on class..... I stand out as being not so posh....

Sorry got a bit sidetracked, ultimately its hard work and devoting pretty much all your time to your studies that'll do it, there's no shortcuts unfortunately. Sure you'll do it tho and do well!
Original post by CCU ABB
Thats awesome - any tips?
Reply 13
Work hard, don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something!

I went to one of the worst schools in the country so I pretty much taught myself everything. I bought old textbooks online and did every exam paper since 1995 or something like that.

I always mention it at my job interviews as a challenge that I've overcome!

Was the thing I was most academically proud of until I got a First in Economics at Uni

But now I work in a really posh office and feel a bit segregated based on class..... I stand out as being not so posh....

Sorry got a bit sidetracked, ultimately its hard work and devoting pretty much all your time to your studies that'll do it, there's no shortcuts unfortunately. Sure you'll do it tho and do well!

Thanks for the reply, well done on the hard work. My main problem with past papers is that I get ~90% of the questions wrong and I am then faced with learning how to do pretty much the whole course to correct my mistakes and I oftentimes just give up.
You need to start by properly understanding the material before jumping to past papers, learn the textbook stuff first and practice, practice, practice
Original post by CCU ABB
Thanks for the reply, well done on the hard work. My main problem with past papers is that I get ~90% of the questions wrong and I am then faced with learning how to do pretty much the whole course to correct my mistakes and I oftentimes just give up.
Reply 15
definitely true - thanks for the advice.
You need to start by properly understanding the material before jumping to past papers, learn the textbook stuff first and practice, practice, practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending