The Student Room Group

Been caught now what?

faking a signature to show I attended placement, as part of a module for my course at the time I did it I felt really guilty now it has been found out what will happen now will my last student loan be stopped and will I be given another chance as it was my first time doing this and I highly regret ever doing it
Reply 1
You should have attended your placement to begin with to be honest.
There was many personal reason as to why I didn’t attend as much as I should have
Original post by qam
You should have attended your placement to begin with to be honest.
what have you been told will happen?
Original post by 1H-a-n-n-a-h1
faking a signature to show I attended placement, as part of a module for my course at the time I did it I felt really guilty now it has been found out what will happen now will my last student loan be stopped and will I be given another chance as it was my first time doing this and I highly regret ever doing it

Is this just one day or the entire placement?
Is this nursing or teaching?
There was many personal reason as to why I didn’t attend as much as I should have

Then you should have got in contact with the university and explained your compelling personal reasons for not attending the placement. They have procedures for dealing with that sort of thing, which are a heck of a lot nicer than the procedures for dealing with faked signatures.
i Signed done it for 5 days
Original post by 999tigger
Is this just one day or the entire placement?
Is this nursing or teaching?
I got told I have a meeting to talk about the implications that’s all it said on the email I’m just wondering will they give me a written warning or will I be kicked off my course
Original post by scorpiorules
That I have a meeting to talk about the implications
Original post by scorpiorules
I got told I have a meeting to talk about the implications that’s all it said on the email I’m just wondering will they give me a written warning or will I be kicked off my course

We don't know.

You'll just have to be 100% honest if they ask you any questions at that meeting.

Go to your student's union for advice too.
I feel so guilty as I know I shouldn’t have done it but I was running out of time to get it complete along with personal reasons
Original post by Blue_Cow
We don't know.

You'll just have to be 100% honest if they ask you any questions at that meeting.

Reply 11

And which course is this for?

That I have a meeting to talk about the implications

Original post by Blue_Cow
We don't know.

As per the above, OP, speak to your SU for advice. That's what they are there for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You arent giving enough context, so hard to say.
I would think they will take it very seriously if you have done it 5 times.
You would be looking to get a final warning, but they could just withdraw you.

Puzzling why you didnt think it would be discovered?
If its nursing or teaching I would think they will take it more seriously.
Doesnt look like you fully appreciate the implications, its less about the days, but more the dishonesty.
I’m pretty sure consistently forging something counts as a form of fraud and can be punishable by law, if they chose to push it.
You will likely be dismissed.
Why did you actively chose to do that when there are better and more honest options?
I signed my register for 5 days this is my first offence at doing something like this with everything that was going on I wasn’t really sure what I was thinking when I done it if I’m honest
Original post by 999tigger
You arent giving enough context, so hard to say.
I would think they will take it very seriously if you have done it 5 times.
You would be looking to get a final warning, but they could just withdraw you.

Puzzling why you didnt think it would be discovered?
If its nursing or teaching I would think they will take it more seriously.
Doesnt look like you fully appreciate the implications, its less about the days, but more the dishonesty.
I have no idea why I did something like this the way I was feeling at the time made it seem like my only option
Original post by Anonymous
I’m pretty sure consistently forging something counts as a form of fraud and can be punishable by law, if they chose to push it.
You will likely be dismissed.
Why did you actively chose to do that when there are better and more honest options?
Reply 16
I have no idea why I did something like this the way I was feeling at the time made it seem like my only option

Which course are you doing?

Have you spoken to your student union?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest