The Student Room Group

Do people find Indian girls especially unattractive compared to other groups?

I've been seeing a lot of comments on how "Indian girls look awful" and the that they're "least desired", or people would never go out with them. I've heard people say "I'm not into Indian girls" irl too. I'm just wondering if people have a problem with Indian girls, and if there's an overwhelming thought on not going out with them. I'd say we're not very attractive on average but is there a general aversion to us?
Original post by stereocop
I've been seeing a lot of comments on how "Indian girls look awful" and the that they're "least desired", or people would never go out with them. I've heard people say "I'm not into Indian girls" irl too. I'm just wondering if people have a problem with Indian girls, and if there's an overwhelming thought on not going out with them. I'd say we're not very attractive on average but is there a general aversion to us?

Ooooookaaaay.
"Indians" are not homogenous. There are many ethno-genetic groups in India with two very different heritages - Dravidians in the south (which look closer to Australian Aborigines) and Indo-Aryans in the north (which are closer to Persians and Europeans).

What kind of Indian are you referring to, and what subgroup? Punjabi? Kashmiri? Tamil? Bengali?
Reply 3
I'm talking about the typical Indian look. Like Bengali. So are people attracted to Bengali girls? I'm Bengali btw.
Original post by Zamestaneh
"Indians" are not homogenous. There are many ethno-genetic groups in India with two very different heritages - Dravidians in the south (which look closer to Australian Aborigines) and Indo-Aryans in the north (which are closer to Persians and Europeans).

What kind of Indian are you referring to, and what subgroup? Punjabi? Kashmiri? Tamil? Bengali?
I'm talking about the typical Indian look. Like Bengali. So are people attracted to Bengali girls? I'm Bengali btw.

Still problematic wording lol.

Some people generally are attracted, some generally aren't as attracted - people tend to subconsciously like or dislike specific features, and these features may have a higher prevalence in different ethno-genetic groups e.g. a person might be attracted to smaller straighter noses, and it happens that there is a higher frequency of small straight noses in the Somali community, so they might generally find Somalis attractive.

You won't get a yes or no answer because each person is different, and also some people may not have been exposed to a multitude of different people from an ethnic group so they cannot make a fair or valid assessment of which way they sway.
Reply 5

It’s all subjective. I’ve seen so many attractive Indian girls tbh.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Reply 6
Maybe that's because you're picking out only the negative comments?
Reply 7
No.
People who stereotype based on race are the type who shoot up mosques. Their opinions can and should be discarded.
I’m white and straight lmao but I always find Indian girls very stunning. Dark hair, dark eyes and dark skin. But every race is beautiful

Quick Reply

Latest