The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE

How would you suggest structuring an analysis question in an English Language GCSE? I know of PEE but I don’t understand what the evidence is or how to clearly structure it. And how do I explain without getting off topic.

I am nervous as English is my weakest subject. I am actually doing one 3 hour exam instead of two and I think I will be ok at the creative writing part.

Also are you aware of any sites or good texts I can analyse for practice? I know that’s the only way I can get better.

Any tips for the letter writing part?

I know I’m asking a lot lol I basically just need a guide of what to do to pass.

Any advice or tips you can give to ensure a pass grade would help a lot.
what exam board are you on?
PEE might be a little simplistic, PETAL might be better- point, evidence, technique, analysis, link. evidence would be a quote or something from the text. plenty of practice papers if you go on exam board websites though these'll likely vary by exam board. cgp do some practice questions or papers i'm pretty sure, so worth looking into their books if you want that extra practice.

i didn't have letter writing in mine but just make sure it's structured decently and you write concisely eg. getting your point across well and be as creative as you want.
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
what exam board are you on?

Edexcel iGCSE B spec.
Original post by Tolgarda
Edexcel iGCSE B spec.

you'd probably be better off giving advice then :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending