The Student Room Group

Australian Senator who blames Muslim Immigration for the NZ terror attacks gets egged

Scroll to see replies

looool 😂😂😂
Interesting to see if this attack on a politician is praised.

EDIT. just because you disagree with his remarks doesn’t give you the right to use violence.
Reply 3
Original post by Andrew97

EDIT. just because you disagree with his remarks doesn’t give you the right to use violence.

If someone says something like this, getting egged is like a slap on the wrist.

This current generation are known for being particularly soft and overly anxious, but calling egging violence? Come on. You really need to toughen up.

Egging politicians has gone on for decades and does no harm.

I am more than willing to contribute to the fund to buy this teenager some more eggs.

Well in all fairness it's not a big deal, I think the whole scenario escalated much too far, if you look at the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger you'll see he was once hit with an egg, he reacted by asking for bacon, so you tell me if it's that big a deal.

In a country where people demand freedom you can't nitpick really, you can't step on someone else's freedom when that freedom is yours as well.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
This current generation are known for being particularly soft and overly anxious, but calling egging violence? Come on. You really need to toughen up.

I am more than willing to contribute to the fund to buy this teenager some more eggs.

Better buy the ones which are off.
Reply 7
The "security" thugs who jumped on the 17yo doing the egging need to be investigated. They put him in a choke hold.

https://twitter.com/TheRealPBarry/status/1106810210931240961
Original post by Doones
The "security" thugs who jumped on the 17yo doing the egging need to be investigated. They put him in a choke hold.

He threw an egg for christs sake, not a nunchuck.
Original post by 011
If someone says something like this, getting egged is like a slap on the wrist.

And who gets to decide which words are worthy of a physical attack?

Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe

Hitting somebody with any object is violent. Just because it’s gone on for decades doesn’t make it right. It just makes you look a tit
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Well in all fairness it's not a big deal, I think the whole scenario escalated much too far, if you look at the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger you'll see he was once hit with an egg, he reacted by asking for bacon, so you tell me if it's that big a deal.

In a country where people demand freedom you can't nitpick really, you can't step on someone else's freedom when that freedom is yours as well.

Where do you stop this freedom though? So an egg is ok, what if he hit him with a shoe? Is that fine?
Where do you stop this freedom though? So an egg is ok, what if he hit him with a shoe? Is that fine?

That's not the point, what the teen did was harmless, The politician escalated it unnecessarily by punching him, that's violence, it's all in how you react.
That's not the point, what the teen did was harmless, The politician escalated it unnecessarily by punching him, that's violence, it's all in how you react.

It wasn’t that unecessary, it’s a natural reaction.

Me.
It wasn’t that unecessary, it’s a natural reaction.

Really? Tell me then, why didn't Arnold throw a punch when he was egged?

The man took his blazer off, and asked for the bacon, you can't have eggs without bacon he said.
I'm suddenly in the mood for some eggs, sunny side up.
Reply 15

Hitting somebody with any object is violent. Just because it’s gone on for decades doesn’t make it right. It just makes you look a tit

How about when he punched the person. Was that OK?
Egging politicians is a way of showing disagreement.
If he has the freedom to incite terror, then I have the freedom to stop it for my own and others' sake.
Reply 16
Original post by Doones

Wow that was hard to watch.
Reply 17
Original post by Megxn0
Wow that was hard to watch.

Indeed. I'll take down the link if necessary. I think he was "fine" later - and has been released by the police without charge.
Really? Tell me then, why didn't Arnold throw a punch when he was egged?

The man took his blazer off, and asked for the bacon, you can't have eggs without bacon he said.

Different people react in different ways. Prescott for example punched the guy who egged him.

Original post by 011
How about when he punched the person. Was that OK?
Egging politicians is a way of showing disagreement.
If he has the freedom to incite terror, then I have the freedom to stop it for my own and others' sake.

Yes, punching somebody who attacks you is a natural reaction. See Prescott. You show disagreement by your rational arguments, not an egg, it’s pathetic.

You really thing hitting him with an egg will change his views?
Different people react in different ways. Prescott for example punched the guy who egged him.

Yes, punching somebody who attacks you is a natural reaction. See Prescott. You show disagreement by your rational arguments, not an egg, it’s pathetic.

You really thing hitting him with an egg will change his views?

Ah so you agree that it's not a natural reaction.

The kid who planted the omelette on his head didn't do so in hopes of changing his views, he did it to show his disagreement, that's freedom okay, you can't say I want freedom but without this and that and the other, you take the whole package, just like Arnold said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending