The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official 2019 Oxford Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything from history (Dphil)? Even funding nominations ?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by hermione1623
Has anyone heard anything from history (Dphil)? Even funding nominations ?

I'm in English but I have not seen anyone with an offer for History yet. And I don't think funding in humanities is going to be confirmed until nearer April.
I even emailed them. They said they will let everyone know in end march. A long long wait.
Original post by hermione1623
I even emailed them. They said they will let everyone know in end march. A long long wait.

Oh that's so annoying. I found out last Monday but I think I was one of the first. I'm just waiting to hear back about funding. I applied for a Leverhulme Doctoral Centre and the panel is meeting Friday.

Good luck!
Original post by XUY49
Which uni are you doing your undergrad right now and for what major? What grades have you obtained?

Did you apply by the Nov deadline? When did you receive your offer and for what conditions?

Currently in my final year of a BA Japanese degree at SOAS, University of London. I haven't got my final grade yet as I graduate this year but I've gotten mostly firsts with a couple of high 2:1s across all modules so far. Yep, applied by the November deadline and received my offer in mid-January, and the condition is that I meet my predicted grade of a first :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by ZoZo1770
Currently in my final year of a BA Japanese degree at SOAS, University of London. I haven't got my final grade yet as I graduate this year but I've gotten mostly firsts with a couple of high 2:1s across all modules so far. Yep, applied by the November deadline and received my offer in mid-January, and the condition is that I meet my predicted grade of a first :smile:

I study Social Anthropology at LSE and haven't heard the decision yet. Anthropology is a hard subject and I could only manage to get a 2:1 instead of a first. BTW did you ever apply for Oxbridge undergraduate Japanese Studies?
Reply 46
Original post by ZoZo1770

Different poster here but thanks for sharing this info! I've also applied to the Japanese Studies MSc but I only applied in January and haven't heard anything back yet. Your initial post gave me a scare because I thought if they've already sending offers and I haven't heard anything that can't be a good sign.. but it makes sense if you applied in November.

Anyway I'm feeling very anxious now, just hoping they'd get back to me soon! Since it's a small course, I was hoping they'd make the decisions relatively fast, but we'll see.
Update: I got the funding (and accepted) and will be Leverhulme Doctoral Scholar in English from October! Hooray!
Reply 48
Original post by kuu
Different poster here but thanks for sharing this info! I've also applied to the Japanese Studies MSc but I only applied in January and haven't heard anything back yet. Your initial post gave me a scare because I thought if they've already sending offers and I haven't heard anything that can't be a good sign.. but it makes sense if you applied in November.

Anyway I'm feeling very anxious now, just hoping they'd get back to me soon! Since it's a small course, I was hoping they'd make the decisions relatively fast, but we'll see.

I applied by the Nov deadline and received an email from the department in mid Jan stating that they’re going to reevaluate my application against candidates of the next round... Which uni are you in and for what major? Did you achieve mostly first in your past exams?
Offer holder for MSt English but just been notified first choice college have not offered me a place. Disappointed to ‘be rejected’ after the joys of being accepted! Anyone else heard from colleges yet?
Reply 50
Original post by XUY49
I applied by the Nov deadline and received an email from the department in mid Jan stating that they’re going to reevaluate my application against candidates of the next round... Which uni are you in and for what major? Did you achieve mostly first in your past exams?

I'm doing Politics in Glasgow now, predicted 1st. I'm not a Japanese major but I've spent a year at University of Tokyo as part of my degree and passed the JLPTN1, so I hope that helps. I have no idea what my chances are :frown:
Do you have to accept your Oxford offer before being considered for a college? Also, does accepting your offer in any way affect your chances of funding?
Reply 52
Same question as above^? I just got accepted to MSc Education. Thanks.
Got accepted for MSc in Clinical Embryology and St Cross College :smile:
I think someone's already asked this question, so my apologies, but how do you actually go about accepting your offer? There's no option on the online portal (mine still says 'being considered by the department.') Do you literally just email the graduate admissions office?
Reply 55
Got into MSt English (650-1550) but rejected by preference college. I've now been told I've been given St Cross College :smile: Anyone else?
Reply 56
Original post by N0rthCountryGirl
I think someone's already asked this question, so my apologies, but how do you actually go about accepting your offer? There's no option on the online portal (mine still says 'being considered by the department.') Do you literally just email the graduate admissions office?

Yeah, you literally reply to the email of the formal offer. That's what I did. Got a college decision a week or two after :smile:
@chlopatterson I’ve got St Cross too!
Seeing that some people are getting into St Cross at the same time, I assume St Cross is one of the colleges who is processing the applications. Got my offer letter on the 28th Feb for MSc in clinical and therapeutic neuroscience, still waiting for a college offer...
Reply 59
Don't lose hope! I received my departmental offer over a week ago but saw that others had been hearing from St Cross so had assumed I wouldn't be offered a place. But then I heard yesterday from them and I have.
Original post by notverysmart22
Seeing that some people are getting into St Cross at the same time, I assume St Cross is one of the colleges who is processing the applications. Got my offer letter on the 28th Feb for MSc in clinical and therapeutic neuroscience, still waiting for a college offer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending