The Student Room Group

Australian Senator who blames Muslim Immigration for the NZ terror attacks gets egged

Scroll to see replies

I say we give the egger a standing ova-tion. Hero.
Original post by The Champion.m4a
The hen would not approve. They should just really vote him off. Better yet, recall or impeach or do whatever they could down under.

'Hey, that thing you said was wrong, in 3 or 4 years, when you are up for re-election you'll be getting one less vote.'

What a meaningful threat / display of disagreement . I bet anyone who had to face that kind of heartfelt and deeply considered retort would surely immediately question their beliefs and examine whether they were encouraging the type of thinking that had just resulted in a terrorist attack killing dozens of people.
There is no inconsistency, I did nothing wrong, someone comes up to me and eggs me when I have done nothing, that is clear, just because the politician thinks he has done nothing wrong doesn't mean he hasn't, he clearly has as he has discriminated against a religious group, I on the other hand have done nothing, literally nothing.
Original post by mojojojo101
'Hey, that thing you said was wrong, in 3 or 4 years, when you are up for re-election you'll be getting one less vote.'

What a meaningful threat / display of disagreement . I bet anyone who had to face that kind of heartfelt and deeply considered retort would surely immediately question their beliefs and examine whether they were encouraging the type of thinking that had just resulted in a terrorist attack killing dozens of people.

It's about displaying disagreement, not trying to change his views.
Original post by TheNamesBond.

How are you displaying disagreement by maybe doing something in 3 or 4 years from now. Its pathetically weak.

Also, what's the pointing in displaying disagreement if you have intention of changing anyone's mind?
(edited 5 years ago)
I did read it, he discriminated against an entire religion, i on the other hand just walked out of my house.

Big difference.
How are you displaying disagreement by maybe doing something in 3 or 4 years from now. Its pathetically weak.

Also, what's the pointing in displaying disagreement if you have intention of changing anyone's mind?

You're thinking about it too much, it's a way for the people to show their disagreement, that's all, stop over analysing.

There's no point in threatening. Should launch a campaign to get him recalled or something. Much more effective. or do both. egg him for publicity for the campaign

If someone disagrees with Corbyn would you defend them throwing an egg at him? If an egg is ok, how about a shoe? Or a brick?
I wish I knew him because I woulda at least held the eggs for him and been his bodyguard
Original post by jameswhughes
If someone disagrees with Corbyn would you defend them throwing an egg at him? If an egg is ok, how about a shoe? Or a brick?

Freedom of speech buddy, there’s a difference between an egg and a sharp concrete brick, are you going to pretend they are the same thing.
Freedom of speech buddy, there’s a difference between an egg and a sharp concrete brick, are you going to pretend they are the same thing.

Where do you draw your arbitrary line? Is punching a politician ok if you disagree with them?

I wonder why they suspended him

anyway this should definitely become a meme. I've already seen some parodies and video edits which are entertaining but I need more. there's so much we can do with this video.
Where do you draw your arbitrary line? Is punching a politician ok if you disagree with them?

You’re really quite the comedian aren’t you, throwing a punch is not the same as throwing an egg, split the difference, now that I think about it, that senator was the one who threw the first punch.
Reply 74
Original post by PureHeroine
I wonder why they suspended him

anyway this should definitely become a meme. I've already seen some parodies and video edits which are entertaining but I need more. there's so much we can do with this video.

I think that account wasn't actually Will Connelly's - but had posted some of his IG content.

This has the video I was linking earlier.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/don-t-egg-politicians-you-get-tackled-teen-who-egged-fraser-anning-speaks-20190317-p514us.html
Surprised that this ******** made a video about the shooting, of course he is far right and although says it many times "I condemn this" you can just tell from the tune of his voice and his arguments that he is trying to justify this attack somehow. Although one thing we can both agree on, is that the shooter should be hung in the town square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn-T9ONYcPs

2 years ago I used to be a subscriber of this channel, when it had 15,000 subscribers. I later realised I was mixing up with the wrong people and left, I am not a subscriber anymore but still keep this channel under watch
Honestly I was more impressed with the jab the egg thrower got lol.

Bam right in the kisser!
At least he didn't get blown up.

The other side to that is where do you draw the line between mere disagreement and threat/danger?
Original post by Doones
The "security" thugs who jumped on the 17yo doing the egging need to be investigated. They put him in a choke hold.

https://twitter.com/TheRealPBarry/status/1106810210931240961

play stupid games, win stupid prize

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending