The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nursing Nottingham

I have an offer to start children’s nursing 2019 at Nottingham and I wondered if anyone knew - do most nurses go into self catered or catered? Because I kind of want to be where the other nurses are
Hey! im doing mental health in september and ive only applied for catered :smile: think its a mix because we only have 4 weeks placement in first year so catered would work :smile: xx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by sarahlouise2612
I have an offer to start children’s nursing 2019 at Nottingham and I wondered if anyone knew - do most nurses go into self catered or catered? Because I kind of want to be where the other nurses are

Hi lovely! Can’t help with the accommodation thing but I’m also starting children’s nursing at Notts in September! :smile:
Oh cool! Have you also done midwifery because of your username..?!
Original post by Midwifetobe1992
Hi lovely! Can’t help with the accommodation thing but I’m also starting children’s nursing at Notts in September! :smile:
I was supposed to be, it’s a long story lol!
I started a thread on here to see who else was starting, I was going to get a Facebook group going for us all! Hopefully there’s some others around :smile: are you going to either of the offer holders days? X
Oh cool! Have you also done midwifery because of your username..?!
Reply 5
Hiya! I have firmed university of Nottingham for children’s nursing 2019 too! I am also struggling with accomodation. I have emailed the school of health care about it and they said that self catered would be better due to the weeks and placements on the course. However I’m still stuck of which accomodation to apply for. I’m looking at Raleigh and broadgate self catered halls, but I can’t decide what to do?! I hope this helps you in some way or another. Any advice for nursing accomodation from others would also be great help! :smile:
I’m doing mental health nursing in September and I’ve gone for catered, some other girls i met at the offer day have as well:smile:)) our term time is the same as the rest of the uni but they say we need to apply for 39week licence xxx
Reply 7
Ah okay! What catered accommodation have you applied for as If I did apply there, I would like to be with other healthcare students if possible xx
Yes of course! I’m in lenton and wortley but you can only apply via zone and room type. So mine is a shared bathroom with one other person - if you apply to north zone that’s where the majority of nursing students are as far as I know. But self catered most are in St. Peter’s court xxx
Reply 9
Thank you for the info! I’ve emailed the school as if placement is only a few weeks for child nursing as well, then it wouldn’t be too bad to be in catered! However if it’s a long time then I’ll look into self catered more. I’ll just have to wait and see what they say!xxx
Placement for all first year nurses is 4 weeks towards the end of the year xxx
Hey! I chose catered in the end because we only have 4 weeks placement in the first year! I was at the offer holders day yesterday and I found plenty of people doing catered and plenty doing self catered so it’s entirely up to you! Xxx
Original post by Kawilko
Hiya! I have firmed university of Nottingham for children’s nursing 2019 too! I am also struggling with accomodation. I have emailed the school of health care about it and they said that self catered would be better due to the weeks and placements on the course. However I’m still stuck of which accomodation to apply for. I’m looking at Raleigh and broadgate self catered halls, but I can’t decide what to do?! I hope this helps you in some way or another. Any advice for nursing accomodation from others would also be great help! :smile:
Reply 12
Hey! I chose catered in the end because we only have 4 weeks placement in the first year! I was at the offer holders day yesterday and I found plenty of people doing catered and plenty doing self catered so it’s entirely up to you! Xxx

Where were most people for self catered? Xxx
Hey, I’m doing adult nursing this year at Nottingham and I have gone for St. Peter’s court. They said they put nursing students together because of placements and stuff xx
Hi lovely! Unfortunately I can’t help regarding accommodation, apart from that there’s an offer holder day on April 16th (I think that’s the right date) you need to go on my Nottingham to book. You might find some useful info there.
But if you want to join the Facebook group I’ve set up for us all just search Notts Uni Children’s Nursing 2019 Cohort :smile:
I’ve got an unconditional so hopefully see you in September! Xx
Original post by Kawilko
Reply 15
Original post by Midwifetobe1992
Hi lovely! Unfortunately I can’t help regarding accommodation, apart from that there’s an offer holder day on April 16th (I think that’s the right date) you need to go on my Nottingham to book. You might find some useful info there.
But if you want to join the Facebook group I’ve set up for us all just search Notts Uni Children’s Nursing 2019 Cohort :smile:
I’ve got an unconditional so hopefully see you in September! Xx

Well done getting the unconditional!!! I’ll try and find the Facebook group chat! Thank you for letting me know about it xx
I’m starting children’s nursing in September too and went for St Peters Court

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending