The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official 2019 Oxford Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I got my offer earlier this week but haven't accepted yet. Does anyone know if not accepting my offer yet will have delayed college allocation? I'm nominated for two sources of funding and am waiting until I hear back from them both to accept the offer I can't attend if I'm not funded! Hopefully this is not diminishing my chances of getting my preferred college choice, though?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I don't know for certain, but I can say that I have not accepted yet because of funding uncertainties but I did still get an offer from my preferred college.
Original post by c-h-smith
Hi guys, I got my offer earlier this week but haven't accepted yet. Does anyone know if not accepting my offer yet will have delayed college allocation? I'm nominated for two sources of funding and am waiting until I hear back from them both to accept the offer I can't attend if I'm not funded! Hopefully this is not diminishing my chances of getting my preferred college choice, though?
Original post by publiish
I don't know for certain, but I can say that I have not accepted yet because of funding uncertainties but I did still get an offer from my preferred college.

Thanks! That’s reassuring. Will look forward to a college email soon then, hopefully!
Reply 63
Hi everyone, I was accepted to the MPhil in Politics (Comparative Government) last week. However, I never received an email from the department (I received an email from Nuffield College congratulating me for my admission but that also informed me that I had not been accepted at Nuffield). Should I email the department?
Also, I'm unsure that I will be able to attend since the initial plan was to get into Nuffield, which offers full funding to its students. Am I correct in presuming that the college that eventually accepts me may offer me funding?
Original post by c-h-smith

It won't affect anything, but you're expected to accept the offer anyway. Funding is one of your conditions, so there aren't any repercussions for accepting the offer and then withdrawing because you don't have funding. That's what you're supposed to do. There's no reason not to accept.
Hi I was also accepted for MSt 650-1550! Also not accepted by preference college St John’s bit accepted to Mansfield. Are you attending the open day tomorrow? If so hope to meet you there. Holly Perks x
Original post by chlopatterson
Got into MSt English (650-1550) but rejected by preference college. I've now been told I've been given St Cross College :smile: Anyone else?
Original post by astrotemp
It won't affect anything, but you're expected to accept the offer anyway. Funding is one of your conditions, so there aren't any repercussions for accepting the offer and then withdrawing because you don't have funding. That's what you're supposed to do. There's no reason not to accept.

Thanks for your help. I've accepted the offer now after reading the T&Cs properly! Will keep waiting on tenterhooks for a college allocation email...
Thanks for the reassurance! ^_^
Original post by .C.p.
Don't lose hope! I received my departmental offer over a week ago but saw that others had been hearing from St Cross so had assumed I wouldn't be offered a place. But then I heard yesterday from them and I have.
Reply 68
Accepted to the CIE (pathway) MSc Education? Not sure if I will be accepting offer yet, anyone else considering? (Invited to interview mid Feb, heard back first week March).

Also wondering if anyone in a situation where they are resigning from a job post to pursue a Masters at Oxford. I'm aware OX is a gateway to more opportunities but quite a hard situation for me to make and accept the offer.

Cheers
Original post by bijl
Accepted to the CIE (pathway) MSc Education? Not sure if I will be accepting offer yet, anyone else considering? (Invited to interview mid Feb, heard back first week March).

Also wondering if anyone in a situation where they are resigning from a job post to pursue a Masters at Oxford. I'm aware OX is a gateway to more opportunities but quite a hard situation for me to make and accept the offer.

Cheers

Congratulations! I had a similar offer from CIE some time back but I didn't resign. Managed a workaround with my employer. In the end, didn't pursue it though due to certain reasons.

Where are you from and whats the nature of your employment? Hard to suggest without more info.
Reply 70
Thanks, working in policy at the moment - enjoying my job, but I'd eventually like to do something more entrepreneurial in nature in the field of education, so thought it could be a good platform to help me kick-start that. How about you?
Original post by serendeepity
Congratulations! I had a similar offer from CIE some time back but I didn't resign. Managed a workaround with my employer. In the end, didn't pursue it though due to certain reasons.

Where are you from and whats the nature of your employment? Hard to suggest without more info.
Reply 71
Incredibly excited to join this thread as an offer holder (Msc Maths Sciences)!
I don't even care about colleges/funding/anything else at this point, can't believe I got in :biggrin:
Posted this in the applicants thread but thought it was worth asking here as well:

Has anyone else applied for the Future of Humanity Institute's DPhil Scholarship? From their website I believe that successful nominees should be hearing back tomorrow about interviews. Wondering how many people have decided to go for it as it's new this year!
MPhil in Development Studies anyone?
Got an offer for MSc Mathematical and Theoretical Physics yesterday :smile:

Did anyone hear have Keble as their college choice? How long from getting an offer does it seem to take to get a college? :smile:
Also - does anyone else hold an offer from both Oxford and Cambridge for near-identical courses, and how are you choosing between them?
I had Keble as my preference. They sent me an offer in a little over a week
I'll be choosing based on funding
Original post by happywhale
Also - does anyone else hold an offer from both Oxford and Cambridge for near-identical courses, and how are you choosing between them?
Reply 78

I was just wondering about how I'll choose if Cambridge comes back successfully (already successful at Oxford) for maths - it'd be tough to reject one of them.

I have offers for the LLM at Cambridge and BCL at Oxford. I really don't know how I will choose between them, but if anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated! Sorry, this isn't a very helpful answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending