reslly need serious advice and help for my upcoming AS exams!!

Watch
aminshaxha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i've always been an organised person and working hard, havent left stuff last min normally ( at gcses i got four 9's, three 8's and two 7's)i was doing really well in the beginning of year 12 up until january, at this point the workload built up too much to the point where i began to stress so much, i developed a really negative mindset and through february my grades have slipped dramtically, i've began to give up and have started to fall behind everyone else in class. im in a really good sixth form literally the entry requirement was to get 7's in everything, so everyone is a genius here basically so the competitive environment has only added to the pressure, im not used to it and feel so unintelligent compared to others. i had my mocks and they did not go well either. i regret wasting my time feeling like a failure ,rather then being productive and taking action and responsibilty ( ik its so stupid).i have my AS exams in like slightly over 8 weeks. my problem is that i still have so much notes left to do for biology (3 chap), i have notes for chemistry ( 5 ch), maths i have to do notes on mechanics and some PURE notes, and for english i also have many notes left to do.i know ive left so many stuff last min but i really need advice on how to utilise and make the absolute most of these 8 weeks i have left to atleast secure pass/grade B. so what do i do? most ppl have their notes done at this point.i still have to secure the content and notes, then exams q's will i be able to make it and do well? need adviceeee please asap.and has anyone else ever gone through this phase
priyanka_84
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aminshaxha)
i've always been an organised person and working hard, havent left stuff last min normally ( at gcses i got four 9's, three 8's and two 7's)i was doing really well in the beginning of year 12 up until january, at this point the workload built up too much to the point where i began to stress so much, i developed a really negative mindset and through february my grades have slipped dramtically, i've began to give up and have started to fall behind everyone else in class. im in a really good sixth form literally the entry requirement was to get 7's in everything, so everyone is a genius here basically so the competitive environment has only added to the pressure, im not used to it and feel so unintelligent compared to others. i had my mocks and they did not go well either. i regret wasting my time feeling like a failure ,rather then being productive and taking action and responsibilty ( ik its so stupid).i have my AS exams in like slightly over 8 weeks. my problem is that i still have so much notes left to do for biology (3 chap), i have notes for chemistry ( 5 ch), maths i have to do notes on mechanics and some PURE notes, and for english i also have many notes left to do.i know ive left so many stuff last min but i really need advice on how to utilise and make the absolute most of these 8 weeks i have left to atleast secure pass/grade B. so what do i do? most ppl have their notes done at this point.i still have to secure the content and notes, then exams q's will i be able to make it and do well? need adviceeee please asap.and has anyone else ever gone through this phase
Hi, I’m in Year 13 currently and I kinda had a similar situation to you last year when doing my AS exams in that I didn’t feel well prepared despite doing well at GCSEs. From what it sounds like, you are struggling to cope with the workload and revision. Is note-taking the revision that is most effective for you? I would highly recommend using past papers and answering questions rather than making note-taking the priority. I prioritised taking notes a lot last year but I found that it took up too much time and in the end, I hardly used them for revision purposes so I switched to doing past papers to help revise. Also 8 weeks is enough time for you! It’s never too late and ask for help from your teachers or your friends if you are struggling with the workload to see how they are coping with it and if they have any useful tips, it might not also be a bad idea to ask your friends for their notes if you tell them that you are behind on yours and stressed for exams. Good luck anyways! Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (129)
15.34%
Uncertainty around my education (136)
16.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
9.51%
Isolating with family (57)
6.78%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.92%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (72)
8.56%
Loneliness (88)
10.46%
Financial worries (36)
4.28%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (75)
8.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (79)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed