The Student Room Group

A leval

Can I legally take my A level exam if I failed my mock exam
Original post by Wendy Senter

YES.
why is it then, due to my bad mock result in Geography(lack of revision due to other pressures) they now tell me I can no longer take an ALevel I now have to sit an AS instead at this late stage
why is it then, due to my bad mock result in Geography(lack of revision due to other pressures) they now tell me I can no longer take an ALevel I now have to sit an AS instead at this late stage

Some schools make students who did poorly in mocks sit an AS to prove they can get a D/C grade as a minimum requirement to enter A2. My school has definitely done this before but cutting you off outright is just mean.
thanks for that, just in interest when did they change the A2's to AS, in my case they have given me 9 weeks notice and I will have to learn new content in this time.
Original post by barror1
Some schools make students who did poorly in mocks sit an AS to prove they can get a D/C grade as a minimum requirement to enter A2. My school has definitely done this before but cutting you off outright is just mean.
Reply 5

Legally? Yes

But many schools will kick you out if you fail the mocks or not let you continue onto A2 in that subject
Thank you, I am currently in Year 13 and they want to change me to AS when I have 9 weeks until the real exams. Is this too late to change regarding the fact that I have another topic to learn as Geography AS has different content than an A2 exam.
Original post by eMdnE
Legally? Yes

But many schools will kick you out if you fail the mocks or not let you continue onto A2 in that subject
Thank you, I am currently in Year 13 and they want to change me to AS when I have 9 weeks until the real exams. Is this too late to change regarding the fact that I have another topic to learn as Geography AS has different content than an A2 exam.

Whoah no that is definitely not right. How many A-levels are you doing?
Original post by barror1
Whoah no that is definitely not right. How many A-levels are you doing?

I am doing three currently, I was predicted ART- B English language and Literature- B and, Geography- C. However, I messed up my current Mock for Geography as I didn't revise properly and my class didn't finish all of the content at the time. This was the only mock/assessment that I messed up in out of the two years doing A- Levels. Yet, they want to change me because of this one mock.
I am doing three currently, I was predicted ART- B English language and Literature- B and, Geography- C. However, I messed up my current Mock for Geography as I didn't revise properly and my class didn't finish all of the content at the time. This was the only mock/assessment that I messed up in out of the two years doing A- Levels. Yet, they want to change me because of this one mock.

So if you do the AS you will lose uni places and detriment yourself? You need to report this.
Have you any idea where to report it please
Original post by barror1
So if you do the AS you will lose uni places and detriment yourself? You need to report this.
Have you any idea where to report it please

Head of Sixth, Headteacher, whatever. Just escalate it as high as you can go and keep evidence that this grade is not representative of your abilities.
thanks for your help
Original post by barror1
Head of Sixth, Headteacher, whatever. Just escalate it as high as you can go and keep evidence that this grade is not representative of your abilities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending