The Student Room Group

Scam modeling alert!

"Bookings Management" not even sure thats the real name of this company, located at Empson St. Studio send you emails saying they want you to take some "free shoots" and they'll have a make up artist and stylist (which I never saw, just a hair dryer and few make-up stuff. Very basic) at the end of the shoot, young lady with bad wig and very scruffy "review" your photos and immediately says she likes you and states that in order for you to have all the pictures, you'll have to pay £400 and they will have you on their website, which btw was not the same one shown on their emails (managedmodels.com). I definitely say no and they just sent me 2 pictures. The only thing I regret is the time I lost.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aichell
"Bookings Management" not even sure thats the real name of this company, located at Empson St. Studio send you emails saying they want you to take some "free shoots" and they'll have a make up artist and stylist (which I never saw, just a hair dryer and few make-up stuff. Very basic) at the end of the shoot, young lady with bad wig and very scruffy "review" your photos and immediately says she likes you and states that in order for you to have all the pictures, you'll have to pay £400 and they will have you on their website, which btw was not the same one shown on their emails (managedmodels.com). I definitely say no and they just sent me 2 pictures. The only thing I regret is the time I lost.

I understand your pain, got myself into a similar situation
Original post by Aichell

If you did some research, you would have known it's a scam.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5430774
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5001328
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wannabe-model-actor-beware-picture-8933316.amp

There isn't any reputable model agency in their right minds that will ask you for money after a shoot.
Basically, they've got you to pay for your OWN image
And they are gonna use that image on different websites for more money.
Who knows what website you'll end up on.
You'll probably end up as someone else's wallpaper on their laptop, phone or even their bedroom as a calendar or some big poster on their wall.

Next time, it's better to ask first.
(edited 5 years ago)
I took my daughter to one of these bookings management photo shoots, I ended up paying £100 deposit for a £400 package, signed a piece of paper to say I agree to pay the remaining amount before they’ll release the photos, I’ve since spoke to a solicitor he’s told me it’s legally binding I would have to pay, I’ve also been on to action fraud just waiting to hear if they will be investigating.. I don’t know what to do, do I pay the remaining £300 or just cut my losses at £100
Reply 4
Bookings Management Alledgedly of London and Manchester pointing you to Camden Studios in London for your FREE assessment of whether you’re suitable for work in modelling or the acting profession COMPLETE SCAMMERS!!I will be presenting my dossier on them to the fraud squad forthwith. If you need help let me know.
Reply 5
Hi, I’ve booked an appointment for my daughter today with this company. It’s at their Manchester studio in Overbridge road. They are also called ‘Bookings Management’ is this the same company?
Original post by Aichell

Thank you !!! I only almost got my self in this mess.
Reply 7
I would like to have all your emails we need to be united to get compensation from those frandulants people I been scammed by «*booking management*» and TMMC. Also tell me if anyone got his money back or anyone went to court because they contacted their bank to get their money back thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Leigh_2503
I took my daughter to one of these bookings management photo shoots, I ended up paying £100 deposit for a £400 package, signed a piece of paper to say I agree to pay the remaining amount before they’ll release the photos, I’ve since spoke to a solicitor he’s told me it’s legally binding I would have to pay, I’ve also been on to action fraud just waiting to hear if they will be investigating.. I don’t know what to do, do I pay the remaining £300 or just cut my losses at £100

Please tell me what have you done? What was the outcome, I need to take action I have been a victim of booking management and TMMC
Reply 9
Original post by Jana1954
Bookings Management Alledgedly of London and Manchester pointing you to Camden Studios in London for your FREE assessment of whether you’re suitable for work in modelling or the acting profession COMPLETE SCAMMERS!!I will be presenting my dossier on them to the fraud squad forthwith. If you need help let me know.

Any news of your situation I have been a victim of scam « booking management « TMMC i contacted my bank to try to get the money but I don’t know if their contact is legitimate
Hi, I left it, we paid the £100 in cash so notnpaper trail to claim back, never heard back from the fraud squad either.. I still get emails asking us to contact them, I just ignore them, I should have paid the remaining £300 by October last year according to the piece of paper I signed, so if they are really genuine I’m sure I’d of heard from their solicitor by now?
Original post by Hsissi
Please tell me what have you done? What was the outcome, I need to take action I have been a victim of booking management and TMMC
Reply 11
Thanks for your reply, very helpful!
I have recently been to overbridge studios with my daughter for a shoot I was accepted from the application. I have paid £50 and have been told that the rest Of the images will be on hold and released after full payment of £400. Is this a scam because I have read so many bad reviews and not yet have a seen a good one. I don’t want to not pay and then be penalised for it. Please help!!!!!???
If it’s the same company we went through then yes, they told us the same, images will be on hold til full payment made.. after lots of research.. you should not have to pay to model, you are paid to model.. please don’t pay them anymore money, do your own portfolio & submit it yourself to companies that require models x
Did anything happen to you when you didn’t pay the remainder? I’m going to contact them as I want the images destroyed x
Original post by Leigh_2503
If it’s the same company we went through then yes, they told us the same, images will be on hold til full payment made.. after lots of research.. you should not have to pay to model, you are paid to model.. please don’t pay them anymore money, do your own portfolio & submit it yourself to companies that require models x
No nothing other than constant emails from tma offering work but they’re part of the same company so they go straight to junk mail now x
Original post by Aimeegracee26
Did anything happen to you when you didn’t pay the remainder? I’m going to contact them as I want the images destroyed x
Reply 16
Original post by Aimeegracee26
I have recently been to overbridge studios with my daughter for a shoot I was accepted from the application. I have paid £50 and have been told that the rest Of the images will be on hold and released after full payment of £400. Is this a scam because I have read so many bad reviews and not yet have a seen a good one. I don’t want to not pay and then be penalised for it. Please help!!!!!???

If you didn’t have anything sent to you or a website done call your bank to stop the direct debit. Pure scam Don’t pay other agency as well forget about the £50 if it was cash. Try to get it back if through the bank. Let me know in the future your outcome
I have been scammed by this company and have also reported it to the fraud squad in Manchester
I reported it too but nothing ever came of it
Original post by ang_hughes
I have been scammed by this company and have also reported it to the fraud squad in Manchester
Reply 19
I have also been scammed by these people this week. We signed my daughter up and paid the fee and then they sent out an email to hundreds and hundreds of agents all over Europe with my personal email address and mobile phone number attached and my daughters profile who is only 6 months old and I was left with 2 days of abusive emails and phone calls 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 and no one is taking responsibility for this. I am absolutely devastated. I will be reporting them to the GDPR Immediately. Does anyone else know of this happening?

Quick Reply

Latest