The Student Room Group

Please answer my questions

I wanna fix up my hygiene. I’m trying to shower everyday, used to shower 2 days a week or less. I wanna smell mega good all the time. How many times should I change my bedsheets ? is it wise to shower at night because I heard we sweat tons when we sleep?
Is it ok to shower twice a day? Everyday. What other things can I do to get really good hygiene ?
Original post by Anonymous
I wanna fix up my hygiene. I’m trying to shower everyday, used to shower 2 days a week or less. I wanna smell mega good all the time. How many times should I change my bedsheets ? is it wise to shower at night because I heard we sweat tons when we sleep?
Is it ok to shower twice a day? Everyday. What other things can I do to get really good hygiene ?

You really only need to shower when your unclean or sweaty, and you generally know when you are either of those two. Over doing it could dry your skin out.
Bedsheets, weekly? Or if you sweat a lot, daily. When they smell or are stained.

Keep clean trimmed nails? I always think that is good hygiene.
Nice breath, that’s always pleasant.

Why are you so concerned by hygiene, did something happen?

Shower daily - what time you shower depends on your lifestyle. If you tend to sweat a lot during sleep, then shower in the daytime. If you have been to the gym or a long day at work, or just simply find it more comfortable to sleep, shower in the evening/night time.

Also, make sure you are wearing clean clothes. If you have been wearing the same item of clothes for a while, it is time to wash them! If you tend to sweat more, wash your clothes and switch your outfits more regularly. Deodorant or anti-perspirant could be helpful too if you find you sweat a lot.

Brush your teeth twice a day, floss and use interdental brushes regularly.
Reply 3
You really only need to shower when your unclean or sweaty, and you generally know when you are either of those two. Over doing it could dry your skin out.
Bedsheets, weekly? Or if you sweat a lot, daily. When they smell or are stained.

Keep clean trimmed nails? I always think that is good hygiene.
Nice breath, that’s always pleasant.

Why are you so concerned by hygiene, did something happen?

I sweat a lot and pits smell quite bad easily. It’s making me very insecure. Why would I wait till I’m unclean to shower? Don’t wanna be unclean in the first place.
Original post by cheesecakelove
Shower daily - what time you shower depends on your lifestyle. If you tend to sweat a lot during sleep, then shower in the daytime. If you have been to the gym or a long day at work, or just simply find it more comfortable to sleep, shower in the evening/night time.

Also, make sure you are wearing clean clothes. If you have been wearing the same item of clothes for a while, it is time to wash them! If you tend to sweat more, wash your clothes and switch your outfits more regularly. Deodorant or anti-perspirant could be helpful too if you find you sweat a lot.

Brush your teeth twice a day, floss and use interdental brushes regularly.

How many days can you wear the same outfit? Is 3 days okay?

If you sweat a lot, I would wear the clothes once or twice before you wash them. Sometimes if the clothes don't smell too bad or look too dirty, you can get away with wearing them longer.

If you sweat often, wearing the same thing once a week is best
Shower only when you have to leave the house or every day if you leave with other people. Always wear new clean clothes, pants are ok to be worn up to 3 times before washing but t-shirts are not. Armpits smell hella bad so you want to keep that thing clean every time. Socks and underwear should be changed daily. Shave your armpits as hair there makes it a lot worse. Wear deodorant.

Change the bed sheets at least once ever 2 weeks.
I sweat a lot and pits smell quite bad easily. It’s making me very insecure. Why would I wait till I’m unclean to shower? Don’t wanna be unclean in the first place.

If you sweat a lot, you need to change your clothes every day
Consider using deodorant, I never believed in it, but I've always used it anyway. I ran out of deodorant recently and didn't use it for a couple of days, and that's when I noticed the different, and I've become a firm believer in its power.

‘Unclean’ as in, you spill something on yourself or fall in something. No one wants it but it happens.

Clothes are weird. Shirts, underwear, socks, gym clothes and tight fitted clothing gets a days wear max.
Trousers, hoodies get about 2-3
Over coats can get longer as long as they don’t get dirtied.

I like washing clothes daily, I don’t like the idea of smelly clothes.

Anti perspirant for the sweat?
Instead of deodorant, try powdered musk
Instead of deodorant, try powdered musk

What is that?
What is that?

It’s this natural fragrant

Quick Reply