The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Accepted unconditional!

Hi all,
I've recently accepted an unconditional offer to study Accounting & Finance with a year in industry at Lancaster. I was just wondering, from any current students, what to expect from the university and which accommodation/college I should choose. Thanks!
Cartmel extra large ensuite ends up being cheapest, bit of a no brainer. Was not counting sharing, you may want that as it obviously is way cheaper.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Extra large ensuite being the cheapest?
Original post by random_matt
Cartmel extra large ensuite ends up being cheapest, bit of a no brainer. Was not counting sharing, you may want that as it obviously is way cheaper.
It is only a 38 week contract, that is why.
Original post by GeorgeB2
Extra large ensuite being the cheapest?
Reply 4
Ah, makes sense! Is that long enough then, considering the majority of the others are 40+ weeks?
It is only a 38 week contract, that is why.
Takes you to June.
Ah, makes sense! Is that long enough then, considering the majority of the others are 40+ weeks?
Reply 6
For accommodation that isn't ensuite, what do you recommend?
Takes you to June.
For accommodation that isn't ensuite, what do you recommend?

Cannot give you an answer, I never choose anything but en-suite.
Reply 8
Cartmel actually offer a 36 week let which means that you have to vacate your room over the Easter break
Original post by siamsam
Cartmel actually offer a 36 week let which means that you have to vacate your room over the Easter break

There's a spanner in the works.
Reply 10
Yeah, my budget's a bit tight too so I'll be looking for some standard accommodation most likely.
There's a spanner in the works.
Check the accommodation tab on the iLancaster AP as it shows the all various prices

Quick Reply