The Student Room Group

STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE HELP!!!!! please

I am currently getting D's in my streetcar exams and dont know how to structure the essay and what to even talk about..
Please can anyone give me some advice on how to get an A.. I have exams next month

thanks
Hiya!
I do Streetcar on AQA English Lit/Lang, and I'm not sure if this is your qualification or not but I'll give tips assuming you are.
In order to get top marks, you MUST have AO3, Context. Talk about genre as mu as you can, research The Southern Gothic, Drama, Tragedy, and Realism. Those are your 4 major genres, they each have conventions which are seen in ASND, and then talk about the effect of this.
You need to make sure you are constantly addressing the question, always link it back.
Make sure you talk lots about the given extract, but still bring in at least 2 other sections where the question applies to them.
HAVE CONSISTENT EVIDENCE AND EXAMPLES!!!! Use your terminology and language levels, such as talking about possessive determiners or compound complex sentences (get a range of these and keep it consistent).
Basically, don't be afraid to write lots, just keep it succinct.
Let me know if this helps, you can always message me for more specific or general help with the play if this isn't your exam board!
Original post by dyal16
I am currently getting D's in my streetcar exams and dont know how to structure the essay and what to even talk about..
Please can anyone give me some advice on how to get an A.. I have exams next month

thanks

What's streetcar?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you very much!
I am doing edexcel and have found your advice very useful... Do you have an essay that you have done because I feel like I need to get a visual feel of what it looks like as our teacher HAS NOT given us any exemplar essays. Thank you so much for all the advice xx
Original post by x_lovelylulu_x
Hiya!
I do Streetcar on AQA English Lit/Lang, and I'm not sure if this is your qualification or not but I'll give tips assuming you are.
In order to get top marks, you MUST have AO3, Context. Talk about genre as mu as you can, research The Southern Gothic, Drama, Tragedy, and Realism. Those are your 4 major genres, they each have conventions which are seen in ASND, and then talk about the effect of this.
You need to make sure you are constantly addressing the question, always link it back.
Make sure you talk lots about the given extract, but still bring in at least 2 other sections where the question applies to them.
HAVE CONSISTENT EVIDENCE AND EXAMPLES!!!! Use your terminology and language levels, such as talking about possessive determiners or compound complex sentences (get a range of these and keep it consistent).
Basically, don't be afraid to write lots, just keep it succinct.
Let me know if this helps, you can always message me for more specific or general help with the play if this isn't your exam board!
Reply 4
a play by Tennessee Williams
Original post by thestudent33
What's streetcar?
Original post by dyal16

Aaah I see
Yes of course! I'll type it up for you (because you will not be able to read my 'in timed conditions' hand writing. I have 2 you can read, one is better on language techniques and one is better on genre, I might as well send them both to you. As soon as they're typed I'll attach them to this thread :smile:

Original post by dyal16
Thank you very much!
I am doing edexcel and have found your advice very useful... Do you have an essay that you have done because I feel like I need to get a visual feel of what it looks like as our teacher HAS NOT given us any exemplar essays. Thank you so much for all the advice xx
A FANTASTIC play by Tennessee Williams :wink:

Original post by dyal16
Reply 8
Thank you so so much ! :colondollar:
Original post by x_lovelylulu_x
Yes of course! I'll type it up for you (because you will not be able to read my 'in timed conditions' hand writing. I have 2 you can read, one is better on language techniques and one is better on genre, I might as well send them both to you. As soon as they're typed I'll attach them to this thread :smile:
Reply 9
can you attach it ? my exams in two weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending