The Student Room Group

Police Now's National Detective Programme 2019

Scroll to see replies

My post is in reference to this...
Original post by OverDave
Any mature students applied for this role?

Reason I ask is that I graduated last year so I don't have 2 years post graduation experience however I have 10 years work experience prior, and have travelled and worked abroad, I hold positions on the health and safety committee and as a union convenor for my workplace etc.

They stress that the reason they ask for two years post graduation experience is for "workplace maturity", I feel I'm disqualified by a technicality.

Anyone know if there is a way around other than to wait?

Thanks!
Original post by laurenjade24
I completed the numerical and verbal reasoning tests on Friday so just waiting now for the outcome! And I’m applying to Staffordshire 😊 just gotta be patient with the waiting around now 😂

Hi @laurenjade24

We're excited to hear you're applying to Staffs. Please give us a shout if we can help with anything :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Reply 42
I agree, I think you’ll be fine to apply
Original post by Tashraven
Reply 43
I had an email this morning to say I’ve passed the online tests and to wait for further steps. Anyone else heard back yet? I submitted mine on the 11th.
Reply 44
Me too yay ! “Screening” now, I’m not sure what that involves
Original post by Rhianydd
I had an email this morning to say I’ve passed the online tests and to wait for further steps. Anyone else heard back yet? I submitted mine on the 11th.
Reply 45
Well done! I was wondering about screening too 🤷🏻*♀️
Original post by lpear
Me too yay ! “Screening” now, I’m not sure what that involves
Reply 46
I too had the email this morning and I only completed my tests yesterday! Congratulations everyone getting onto the next stage! I'm about to look up the screening process - if I find anything I'll drop a post here. :smile:

Well done! I was wondering about screening too 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 47
Hi there!

I think you'll be fine. I only graduated last year but I've been working for the last five years or so consecutively, excluding temporary jobs beforehand. I think they may say that to cut out people who have just been to university and had no work experience at all and if they see on your application that you have work experience then they're lenient?

That's what I'm hoping anyway haha!
Original post by Tashraven
Reply 48
Well done! Thank you :smile:
Original post by Blockli
I too had the email this morning and I only completed my tests yesterday! Congratulations everyone getting onto the next stage! I'm about to look up the screening process - if I find anything I'll drop a post here. :smile:
Reply 49
@rhianydd @ipear Just had a quick Google around it and I think it means we are between stage two and three. Screening entails our applications being screened by a human being and not a computer, so fingers crossed again! Good luck everyone and congrats!! I'm so happy I've made it this far!
Reply 50
Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed we won’t have to wait too long to hear back 🤞🏻
Original post by Blockli
@rhianydd @ipear Just had a quick Google around it and I think it means we are between stage two and three. Screening entails our applications being screened by a human being and not a computer, so fingers crossed again! Good luck everyone and congrats!! I'm so happy I've made it this far!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 51
No problem. Hopefully not! I'm a bit apprehensive after looking back at my initial application as I have worked consecutively for 4-5 years now alongside my studies but I haven't worked full time (aside summers) as I am a mature student as well. But hopefully they won't be too harsh on that!
Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed we won’t have to wait too long to here back 🤞🏻
Reply 52
Hopefully you will be ok 👌
Original post by Blockli
No problem. Hopefully not! I'm a bit apprehensive after looking back at my initial application as I have worked consecutively for 4-5 years now alongside my studies but I haven't worked full time (aside summers) as I am a mature student as well. But hopefully they won't be too harsh on that!
Hey! I received that email this morning as well and through to the screening stage!! And in regards to another post about work, I graduated back in 2016 so have 3 years post graduation work experience, as well as working all through my degree. And I’m just completing my masters. So I’m in a bit of a odd situation too but we’ll see what they say, fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 54
Ahh yay congrats! I'm just really worried about the postgrad full time specification. Juts hope they take into consideration the fact I've worked the last 5 years alongside study, ahh! I'm sure you'll be fine! Fingers crossed indeed!
Original post by laurenjade24
Hey! I received that email this morning as well and through to the screening stage!! And in regards to another post about work, I graduated back in 2016 so have 3 years post graduation work experience, as well as working all through my degree. And I’m just completing my masters. So I’m in a bit of a odd situation too but we’ll see what they say, fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻
Reply 55
Hi everyone.

I'm saying my farewells. I had an email today saying they will no longer continue with my application. I think my suspicions about my lack of postgrad work experience (despite working through my degree and beforehand) has gone against me. I'm now looking at other routes so if anyone has suggestions, please do.

Good luck all.
Reply 56
So sorry to hear that! It seems really unfair. Good luck with the other routes!
Original post by Blockli
Hi everyone.

I'm saying my farewells. I had an email today saying they will no longer continue with my application. I think my suspicions about my lack of postgrad work experience (despite working through my degree and beforehand) has gone against me. I'm now looking at other routes so if anyone has suggestions, please do.

Good luck all.
Such a shame!! I had an email asking to explain my work experience as well and as most of mine is zero hours/ part time contracts but doing full time hours I’m probably going to be in the same situation as you but we’ll see! Good luck with everything in the future though!!
Original post by Blockli
Hi everyone.

Good luck all.
Hi, Has anyone else has any replies as yet? I’ve had silence since last week!
Reply 59
I haven’t heard anything yet. I hate the waiting
Original post by Kate0807
Hi, Has anyone else has any replies as yet? I’ve had silence since last week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending