The Student Room Group

Unmarried couples whipped for breaking Sharia Law in Indonesia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelshelpit
"Those who commit adultery, men or women, give each of them a hundred lashes" Qur'an 24: 2.

Maybe it means something else
Original post by TheNamesBond.
B509AE72-CDAC-4179-BF49-673AE7F7DE8C.jpeg

This is awfully black mirror-esque. Gives me chills.
Original post by Rainfall

Lmfao im not even going to debate with you. what a big joke.
Original post by alevelshelpit
Lmfao im not even going to debate with you. what a big joke.

thanks
Show me where it does then we’ll talk. Abusing someone for no good reason?

The good reason is fornication which you should know is Zina.
Original post by Decahedron
Aren't you the one that advocates stoning children?

rebellious sons and daughters, yes.
Original post by Leviathan1611
rebellious sons and daughters, yes.

But caning someone for fornication is unnecessary? :facepalm2:
But caning someone for fornication is unnecessary? :facepalm2:

in my opinion, yes. if you show me in the Bible where God commands fornicators to be beaten, or. deserve to be beaten, I'll change my mind.
This one does.

Indonesians are Muslims. What’s the difference?
Original post by MiszShorTea765
Indonesians are Muslims. What’s the difference?

The difference between what and what?
in my opinion, yes. if you show me in the Bible where God commands fornicators to be beaten, or. deserve to be beaten, I'll change my mind.

What is the punishment for fornication in your religion?
The difference between what and what?

You said this religions different but we’re all following the same religion. No difference within it.
Original post by MiszShorTea765
You said this religions different but we’re all following the same religion. No difference within it.

I just said that this religion abuses people as the poster was questioning the reason for the punishment.

It wasn't a comparative statement.

it's not entirely a punishment, but they should get married, but if the father doesn't want the man to marry his daughter, he has to pay the father a certain amount of money because he deflowered her.

there were also times in the Bible where when there was a lot of fornication, God would smite them that they die.
That's very awful. :cry:

God commands that they marry. but if the father doesn't want the man to marry his daughter, he has to pay the father a certain amount of money because he deflowered her.

God would also sometimes just smite the people that they die.
it's not entirely a punishment, but they should get married, but if the father doesn't want the man to marry his daughter, he has to pay the father a certain amount of money because he deflowered her.

there were also times in the Bible where when there was a lot of fornication, God would smite them that they die.

I do love a good smiting.

Yeh of course it does, everything is figurative in the Quran, we wouldn’t want someone to find an error and therefore demolish the credibility behind the religion now would we, no, God made it so that everything has dozens and dozens of meanings and interpretations, why you ask, because God works in mysterious ways, we can’t pay attention to the possibility that maybe, just maybe, a human being wrote it and did so in such a figurative fashion to avoid tripping up, no, that would mean God didn’t write the Quran.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by the beer
Hasn't Aceh always been controlled by conservatives and fundamentalists ?

It has always been the most Islamic region of Indonesia, but the Jakarta government has recently made concessions to the religious conservatives.
Reply 39
Luckily for me, Satan endorses shagging.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending