The Student Room Group

Ngdp 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Got my email saying I got through at 12:30 good luck everyone
Hi Kate, that's really interesting. Didn’t realise I could do that but if I don't get through the NGDP may well look at Herts. In the meantime, do you have any handy hints or good advice for the assessment day? I have mine in March and I've never done anything like it before and am nervous! Anything you can suggest or offer would be gratefully received. Thank you so much. Alison
Original post by kate1912
Hey everyone, Just thought I'd suggest anyone applying for NGDP should consider Hertfordshire's own Graduate Management Trainee scheme, it opens in January but its the same local government training - but the bonus for me is there's the opportunity for secondment in the NHS. I applied for both NGDP and Hertfordshire last year and ended up withdrawing from the NGDP to work at Herts. If anyone has any questions about Herts or even the NGDP assessment centre feel free to drop me a message xxxx

Hi Kate, I have my NGDP assessment day coming up and have NO idea what to expect...it's my first application. Any advice would be really great...what do you think they're looking for, any handy hints about how to behave or what to say etc. I'm nervous as hell but would really like to get through! I had no idea HERTS did something separate so I’ll have a look at that too but if you could share any handy hints in the meantime, I’d be so grateful. Huge thanks, Alison
Reply 83
Hey everyone,

I’m in the same boat and have set up an appointment with the careers service at my university to prepare for the assesssment day.
Also, I will be in Birmingham in the 21st all day to prepare for the following morning in Wolverhampton. If anybody is around, feel free to get in touch so that we can help prepare together. I understand if this sounds silly, but I think they want us is to demonstrate our ability to work and communicate with each other, rather than being competitive. So in that sense, it might be a really good idea!
Reply 84
I have my assessment day next Monday in London. Is there anyone else on here who has their assessment on the same day? Best of luck everyone!!!!!
Reply 85
Me too!
Original post by Alex90.
I have my assessment day next Monday in London. Is there anyone else on here who has their assessment on the same day? Best of luck everyone!!!!!
Anyone have theirs next Wednesday in London?
(edited 5 years ago)
How about Tuesday afternoon?? I don't know about anyone else but the nerves are really starting to kick in now! Good luck everyone!!
I have my assessment centre tomorrow, anyone have some advice on how to prep? Sounds like the usual AC set up but they're vague about the exercises. Unclear whether the briefing exercise is stand-up presentation or merely answering questions one-to-one.
Reply 89
Original post by SRABLE
Me too!

Are you in the morning or afternoon group? Best of luck for tomorrow Uncle_Fester! I’m also looking for some advice too. There are a few older threads on here, but there isn’t much information about what to expect.
Reply 90
I'm in the afternoon slot, what about you?
Original post by Alex90.
Are you in the morning or afternoon group? Best of luck for tomorrow Uncle_Fester! I’m also looking for some advice too. There are a few older threads on here, but there isn’t much information about what to expect.
Reply 91
Original post by SRABLE
I'm in the afternoon slot, what about you?

Ah, I’m in the morning. How are you feeling about it? Do you feel prepared? I hope it goes well!!!
Reply 92
Feel like am as prepped as can be but know it's going to be tough! Thank you, good luck to you as well! :smile:
Original post by Alex90.
Ah, I’m in the morning. How are you feeling about it? Do you feel prepared? I hope it goes well!!!
I'm also booked onto the tomorrow afternoon slot. No idea what to expect but not looking forward to it. Wasn't really sure how to prepare but will see what happens
Original post by yasminbhandal
How about Tuesday afternoon?? I don't know about anyone else but the nerves are really starting to kick in now! Good luck everyone!!
Reply 94
How did everyone’s assessment day go? The staff and other candidates were lovely when I went and it really put everyone at ease.
I agree, the staff were lovely and really reduced the stress and made the tasks relatively enjoyable. Everyone seemed to be in the same boat of not knowing what to expect which I was happy with
Original post by Alex90.
How did everyone’s assessment day go? The staff and other candidates were lovely when I went and it really put everyone at ease.
Reply 96
Do we need to prep Maths for the assessment centre? Any other tips would be received v v v gratefully!
Anyone else feeling sick with nerves already waiting for Wednesday to roll around?! I feel like I did pretty well on 2 of the 3 exercises then average on one. Praying I've got through, but just can't call it as we don't know how good all other candidates were!
I agree, the staff were lovely! How did you feel the day went?
Original post by Alex90.
Reply 99
It feels like it’s taken so long to wait and find out if we’re through. That’s good ssmith9743, hopefully you’ll get through! Everyone I spoke to seemed to approach the tasks differently but they all seemed to be confident which is positive. Like you said, it’s hard to call it. I don’t think I’ve gotten through, but I thought that through every stages we’ve been through haha. Who knows? We’ll find out on Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending