The Student Room Group

is it bad that my crush may know that i like him?

i have a crush and my friends say its bait that i like him and he may clock i gave him a hug and he usually font give hugs but he did but then joked around squeezed me bare tight in the hug , so is it a bad thing that he may know and what will he think i'm just worried because i do like being around him in a way i want to be with him but i kinda don't he s usually on my mind and i sometimes get butterflies in my stomach around him like in the hug i did .
I need advice i' m a bit confused.
Reply 1
he may know and try to take advantage of that and that would be a bad thing
i mean it's your crush bbs so eventually he will find out if y'all wanna date or something, i mean i made it look like i hate my crush; he tried moving to me and stuff i pretended not to take notice nonetheless i was screaming on the inside and now he is avoiding me. If your crush thinks you like him i think its a good thing cuz like if he likes you back he will make an effort. Don't do what i did, cuz i regret it so much.
Reply 3
but i don't want to make it too bait
Original post by bored1802
i mean it's your crush bbs so eventually he will find out if y'all wanna date or something, i mean i made it look like i hate my crush; he tried moving to me and stuff i pretended not to take notice nonetheless i was screaming on the inside and now he is avoiding me. If your crush thinks you like him i think its a good thing cuz like if he likes you back he will make an effort. Don't do what i did, cuz i regret it so much.
Reply 4
and i also do not know how to flirt i guess
Reply 5
I know its easy to say be relaxed, but in reality its very difficult. I would say think carefully before you make any substantial moves. hugs are a starting point for the more fun stuff. so you could speak to him straight up but that's taking a gamble but if your sure he likes you back he should make a move if the time and place is right, if he doesn't then he is probably nervous about it
Original post by Anonymous
and i also do not know how to flirt i guess
It's not bad as such. You just have to be more careful incase they try to take advantage. This happened for me as well and thankfully she was very nice about the near certain rejection and just said 'I like you, but not in that way'. Not everyone is that nice though. Not even close. If your crush knows from you directly, then it's okay usually. But if they hear from someone else, you have to be careful and check if your friends are spreading anything through gossip. I have had classmates spreading that I'm dating someone (because we spend a lot of time together). She knows I like her because I told her, and also explained that I don't think starting a relationship is a good idea (as I didn't feel emotionally ready for it). She fully agreed.

So the answer is, no. Not necessarily a bad thing. Or a good thing. It depends entirely on the situation.
Reply 7
does this applies for boys as im a girl?
Original post by Aayush :)
It's not bad as such. You just have to be more careful incase they try to take advantage. This happened for me as well and thankfully she was very nice about the near certain rejection and just said 'I like you, but not in that way'. Not everyone is that nice though. Not even close. If your crush knows from you directly, then it's okay usually. But if they hear from someone else, you have to be careful and check if your friends are spreading anything through gossip. I have had classmates spreading that I'm dating someone (because we spend a lot of time together). She knows I like her because I told her, and also explained that I don't think starting a relationship is a good idea (as I didn't feel emotionally ready for it). She fully agreed.

So the answer is, no. Not necessarily a bad thing. Or a good thing. It depends entirely on the situation.
Reply 8
yes, boys love to spread **** as a boy myself I love to spread **** and watch my mates get super vexed about it

It should, but the traps are different for you than for guys.

For guys, the main traps are:
Gossip
That many girls lose interest in a guy who takes too long to ask.
Emotional manipulation and generally predatory behaviour (major problem)

For you, the main traps are:
Gossip
Predatory behaviour from the guy.
General attempts from your peers to irritate you on the topic.
Guys don't often deal well with being asked out by their crushes (social norms being ******** I guess).

Essentially, not that different in the grand scheme of things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending