What are your thoughts on each one?
Which do you favour most and why?
And which do you disagree upon and why?
username4212512
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Imo, I always think forced marriage is 100% wrong. How can you force 2 people to be together against their will and not expect chaos to occur? It seems to only bring bad consequences.

Arranged marriages to me are more acceptable. Here you still get a choice if you want to marry in the end, which is much more nicer.

Love marriages defo seem like the most idealistic lol. It's super cute watching 2 people who already love each other take that extra step. But being married and seeing all the "bad" bits in each other may ruin the love and cause issues? Idk, this is all speculation to me.

I don't think there is a best type of marriage. As long as the two people have a choice and genuinely want to marry then they should do so
Omar964
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What are your thoughts on each one?
Which do you favour most and why?
And which do you disagree upon and why?
Forced marriage is absolutely disgusting. Same with arranged marriages. Marry someone you love and feel like is responsible enough to be a Husband/wife. Idk why a lot a Asians and Arabs do arranged marriages and forced marriages it disgusts me (I’m Arab myself so don’t get offended). Although an arranged marriage would be slightly more acceptable it shouldn’t happen especially when it’s within one family. You’ll end up with a child that’s abnormal. It’s not what Islam taught us to do. It’s abuse for women and men going through it.
My Mind
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Any of the two: Forced Marriage or an Arranged Marriage are both completely wrong. It is almost being a prisoner in your mind, whereby, decisions of your life are made by other peoples' minds. How strange and comical!
Teren Hanz
Author - MAYA
Last edited by My Mind; 4 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by My Mind)
Any of the two: Forced Marriage or an Arranged Marriage are both completely wrong. It is almost being a prisoner in your mind, whereby, decisions of your life are made by other peoples' minds. How strange and comical!
Teren Hanz
Author - MAYA
HORSE ****!

There's a bit difference between forced and arranged.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (126)
59.15%
No (46)
21.6%
Not sure (41)
19.25%

Watched Threads