The Student Room Group

Mosque attack in Birmingham

Two men have been arrested in relation to a series of attacks on mosques in Birmingham.

Five mosques had windows smashed on Thursday and a man aged 34 from Perry Barr later handed himself into police.

A 38-year-old man from Yardley who was arrested earlier after being detained by members of the public has been released without charge.

The second man remains in custody on suspicion of racially aggravated criminal damage.

The mosques that had their windows smashed were:

Witton Islamic Centre in Witton Road, Aston
Jame Masjid in Birchfield Road, Perry Barr
Jam-E-Masjid Qiblah Hadhrat Sahib Gulhar Shareef in Slade Road, Erdington
Masjid Faizul Islam on The Broadway, Aston
The Muslim Community Centre Aston, in Albert Road, Aston

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mailmale
It's always fun to watch extremists fight with each other :biggrin:

This isn't the time to joke around. It's to make a stand and unite together to prevent anything like this happening again.
I'm so scared it's literally freaking me out.
I'm a Muslim and i feel fearful.
'Racially aggravated.' So Muslims are a race according to UK law? Shouldn't it be 'religiously aggravated' or is that not a thing?
Original post by Dandaman1
'Racially aggravated.' So Muslims are a race according to UK law? Shouldn't it be 'religiously aggravated' or is that not a thing?

I'm not sure.
Reply 4
Original post by #love2learn
This isn't the time to joke around. It's to make a stand and unite together to prevent anything like this happening again.

Aren't you going to heaven after you die or something like? As I understand death is a lifestyle upgrade to to religious people, no?
Original post by mailmale
Aren't you going to heaven after you die or something like? As I understand death is a lifestyle upgrade to to religious people, no?

No, that depends on whether u follow the religious rules and u are a good person.
I bet relations could be improved with perhaps tolerance lessons... Oh wait.

Oh well if you live in the UK you have to accept it considering that most of the population are not Muslim. If you are female then don't wear a headscarf, simple. You have to understand and accept that there are people that hate Muslims and if you want to keep practicing as a Muslim then you will have to take extra precautions.

When you say unite together, you aren’t talking about whites, Christians, Jews or LGBT of course. Just Muslims and the deluded far-left.

Why would the LGBT want to unite with homophobia?
PRSOM
Original post by Decahedron
Why would the LGBT want to unite with homophobia?
Original post by Dandaman1
When Muslims and LGBT come together people tend to start, err, 'falling' from buildings...

Or it starts raining cats and dogs... stones, bricks, knives and bombs.
Two men have been arrested in relation to a series of attacks on mosques in Birmingham.

Five mosques had windows smashed on Thursday and a man aged 34 from Perry Barr later handed himself into police.

A 38-year-old man from Yardley who was arrested earlier after being detained by members of the public has been released without charge.

The second man remains in custody on suspicion of racially aggravated criminal damage.

The mosques that had their windows smashed were:

Witton Islamic Centre in Witton Road, Aston
Jame Masjid in Birchfield Road, Perry Barr
Jam-E-Masjid Qiblah Hadhrat Sahib Gulhar Shareef in Slade Road, Erdington
Masjid Faizul Islam on The Broadway, Aston
The Muslim Community Centre Aston, in Albert Road, Aston

good that they have been arrested - did think at the time that calling in the Anti -Terrorism task force for some broken windows was a tad over the top.
they werent even scrambled during the islamist knife attacks at london bridge
This is ridiculous. Retaliation fuels more retaliation and no one gets anywhere. How many more dead bodies do we need to realise this.
Reply 14
Original post by BradleyAustin97
Oh well if you live in the UK you have to accept it considering that most of the population are not Muslim. If you are female then don't wear a headscarf, simple. You have to understand and accept that there are people that hate Muslims and if you want to keep practicing as a Muslim then you will have to take extra precautions.

Victim-blaming at its finest. Would you tell Christians being attacked in a Muslim-majority to “accept it” and that “these things happen” ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Megxn0
Victim-blaming at its finest. Would you tell Christians being attacked in a Muslim-majority to “accept it” and that “these things happen” ?

You tell Christians in Muslim majority countries to get out while you still can.
Original post by Megxn0

It's pretty sick how little people care about innocent lives being taken.
Well, to sane and secular people this is obvious, but you cannot be tolerant and tolerate the intolerant at the same time. Or to simplify, should you tolerate a belief system that has not tolerating you, as one of it's core concepts?
Original post by dangerousmonkey
This is ridiculous. Retaliation fuels more retaliation and no one gets anywhere. How many more dead bodies do we need to realise this.
Original post by Megxn0

No, but your post puts the onus on the Christians for being Christians instead of ideology of Islam for persecuting them. There’s a difference between a few broken windows and a hanging btw lol. If you can’t see the difference all the more pity to you
Lack of sympathy on this thread is pretty disgusting. The same people are quick to call Muslims “extremists”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending