The Student Room Group

Mosque attack in Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

I have no sympathy when Muslims have previously broken the windows of my church.
Original post by Blackpanther93
Lack of sympathy on this thread is pretty disgusting. The same people are quick to call Muslims “extremists”
I wouldn't be quick to call all Muslims extremists however even the nicest Muslim guy in my year group from secondary school still hated gay people and wanted them to burn in hell. In fact I know loads of Muslims that wouldn't hurt a fly but belief in such horrific things.
Lack of sympathy on this thread is pretty disgusting. The same people are quick to call Muslims “extremists”
Well, few broken windows smashed by a drunk and essentially harmless moron look quite bleak in comparison with multiple suicide attacks, stabbing, bombings, beheading, honor murders, gang rapes.
when did that happen? O.o
u sure they were muslims?
Terrorist acts should be condemned and if someone is homophobic, islamophobic, antisemitic etc- then just keep your opinions to yourself.
If you don't like someone for being Muslim don't go near them similarly if you don't like LGBTQ people stay out of their way, if you don't like Jews stay out of their way etc. If you can't accept people for what they are, just ignore them. If you have strong opinions feel free to express them but keep them appropriate by not turning them into hate speech.
Muslim majority area, perpetrators were of the correct ethnicity, yep, likely Muslims. I have also been spat and hissed at merely walking my dog through a Muslim majority area in my hometown.
Original post by sayema1
u sure they were muslims?
Persecution of Christians in some Muslim majority countries is well documented; look it up on google
Original post by sayema1
when did that happen? O.o
well where are you from? because clearly not from muslim major country because i live in Saudi Arabia and trust me we here put up banners update status for a LOST DOG LMAO xD and u say "likely Muslims"? Girl/boy you really need to live with one muslim to know them properly before judging them xD
Can we all just take a moment to remember that this sort of extremist behaviour been going on since the beginning of time? The Americans slaughtered an entire race of indigenous people so that they could have their land. 1 million Jews were massacred not too long ago. My entire race, of black people, were taken, enslaved, victimised and lynched. Or the whole Catholics vs Protestant thing during the Tudor reign or even the IRA. We now realise that these things we did were wrong and we have, to an extent learnt from those mistakes through years of activism and education and resilience. Can we not at least TRY to do the same now?
(edited 5 years ago)
similar stuff happened to me. usually when the Muslim concentration gets quite high, the zone turns into mini Islamic state. I am sure that majority of those that live there are ok, but those that actually run the zone and patrol around are one step from a suicide attack.
send me a link buddy wanna see what source you use for these news xD
Ethnicity? Although many races are majorly one type of religion it's important to note that Islam is a religion and Ethnicity is where people are from.
A town in north west England that has the third highest population of Muslims outside of London.

Original post by sayema1
well where are you from? because clearly not from muslim major country because i live in Saudi Arabia and trust me we here put up banners update status for a LOST DOG LMAO xD and u say "likely Muslims"? Girl/boy you really need to live with one muslim to know them properly before judging them xD
Oh really.
How can u be so sure?
Yeah we get mini ISIS going on like where they ride around and try and police the behaviour of the natives. They should remember that this is not their country and behave with respect. Jews, Sikhs and Hindus don’t behave like this so why do Muslims?
Original post by mailmale
similar stuff happened to me. usually when the Muslim concentration gets quite high, the zone turns into mini Islamic state. I am sure that majority of those that live there are ok, but those that actually run the zone and patrol around are one step from a suicide attack.
Yeah no go and accuse us why don't u.
People shouldn't behave like this, honestly u people are just so disrespectful.
Original post by #love2learn
Yeah no go and accuse us why don't u.
People shouldn't behave like this, honestly u people are just so disrespectful.

How are you so sure the person isn’t telling the truth? There is a problem with discrimination and it isn’t fair how you are victim blaming her. Your attitude are part of the problem, not the solution.
Original post by Professional G
How are you so sure the person isn’t telling the truth? There is a problem with discrimination and it isn’t fair how you are victim blaming her. Your attitude are part of the problem, not the solution.

Cuz my heart says so.
Original post by #love2learn
Cuz my heart says so.

So one form of discrimination is more impotent than other examples because your heart says so? Is this really what you are saying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending