The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If America collapses, would the world be a better place?

And when I say collapse, I mean a total balkanisation and the US would turn into Somalia with bandits and gangs and warlords ruling each state and the US would never be able to be a country again.

Would this bring peace, prosperity and justice to the world, especially to those it has harmed, including britain?

Also, would the world invade the US after that?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seems like a lesser-of-many-evils situation otherwise another tick in Dugin's Foundations of Geopolitics...

Original post by Ascend
Seems like a lesser-of-many-evils situation otherwise another tick in Dugin's Foundations of Geopolitics...

So the world would be a better place?
Reply 3
Original post by ihatehardfood
So the world would be a better place?

Considering who would take (and is taking) over that power, especially with the demise of Europe, I'd say probably not. No one should kid themselves that China or Russia would be any better than the U.S.A.
And when I say collapse, I mean a total balkanisation and the US would turn into Somalia with bandits and gangs and warlords ruling each state and the US would never be able to be a country again.

Would this bring peace, prosperity and justice to the world, especially to those it has harmed, including britain?

No the world would not be a better place another country would simply take the place of the USA as the dominant superpower namely China if it happened today and clearly China isn’t as reliable as the USA are to uphold what the west values.
Original post by Ascend
Considering who would take (and is taking) over that power, especially with the demise of Europe, I'd say probably not. No one should kid themselves that China or Russia would be any better than the U.S.A.

Europe would take over, duh!
Original post by paul514
No the world would not be a better place another country would simply take the place of the USA as the dominant superpower namely China if it happened today and clearly China isn’t as reliable as the USA are to uphold what the west values.

What about Europe though?
I know you're a troll but it's an interesting question so I will answer anyways:

Much of the world’s financial systems are anchored on the U.S. dollar which would become worthless. Governments from all around the world own large amounts of U.S. debt which US would default making their holdings worthless. China would immediately be $2 trillion poorer. The House of Saud would become paupers. All derivative financial instruments would become worthless. $200 trillion would simply evaporate. In addition the hundreds of trillions of dollars worth of derivatives based on US debt would evaporate. All U.S. banks would close.

Basically, if the USA collapses, this huge amount of money will no more be paid back to Japan and China, which would fall into an economic chaos.

That would make the three most powerful countries in the World collapsing. They represent half of the World GDP (35,000 billion dollars out of 77,000 billion dollars).

This would result in a global collapse of the economic system.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Goodbye America
Goodbye Israel - it can't survive without Washington and Wall Street. Unless it exercises the Samson Option (Goodbye world) it will be overrun in no time.
Goodbye China as an economic superpower although it will survive as a nation and still quite a prominent one - It relies in the US for much of its economy and holds trillions of the American national debt.
Goodbye Saudi Arabia and the rest of the GCC states. An attempt will be made at trying to rebuild the Ottoman Empire.
Goodbye Canada. Without the US this confused nation will break apart.
Goodbye Daesh. We all know it's a puppet of the CIA.

Contrary to what some say, Japan will survive. So will South Korea. Russia will not really become a superpower. Iran will be a significant beneficiary of the collapse of the US and will become one of the world's prominent nations.

It will be interesting to see what happens with India and Pakistan as their futures without the US are far less predictable.
What about Europe though?

Europe isn’t a country.
Original post by paul514
Europe isn’t a country.

Not yet :colone:

Just wait until the European project is completed. One Army, One Government, One Central Bank.
Original post by Wired_1800

Just wait until the European project is completed. One Army, One Government, One Central Bank.

Where's "One Navy", "One Air Force", or even "European Airlines" :wink:
one.jpg

The world would collapse. Look at 2008 when a problem in America brought the world to its knees. There would be hunger, strife and conflict for years.

Another country would replace it as the dominant power whether it is China, India, Nigeria. Brazil or the EU.
Original post by hello_shawn
Where's "One Navy", "One Air Force", or even "European Airlines" :wink:

It will be One Military. That was not a joke. France and Germany have signed a framework of understanding to create a European military command.

There is already One Central Bank with the ECB. One Supreme Court in the ECJ. One Parliament in Brussels. One People with the introduction of the European passport.
Well then there you go, not everything from a US collapse is so bad after all.

So..... why hasn't the nations of Earth worked together to make this a reality so that the countries that America has harmed would be given justice and Americans themselves will know tyranny, fear, pain and hunger, things that it has brought to the world?

Seriously why hasn't the world done this yet!?

Because it is not just America. It is a Western alliance. The US invades but other Western countries follow. So they are singing from the same hymn sheet.
Original post by LegallyJasmine
one.jpg

Wow.
Because it is not just America. It is a Western alliance.

But the US controls that alliance, right? So if the US is gone, there will be no more controlling and thus this western alliance you speak off will be free to do what it wants or what it not wants to do?
But the US controls that alliance, right? So if the US is gone, there will be no more controlling and thus this western alliance you speak off will be free to do what it wants or what it not wants to do?

If the US goes, another nation will take its place. The UK used to lead the Western alliance, also France, Holland and Germany.
Your post had way too much of an uncanny similarity to that Nazi propaganda poster, had to do it.
Wow.

Latest

Trending

Trending