The Student Room Group

Death penalty

Hello everyone!
I need to write an argumentative essay about Death Penalty.
I need some help to find evidence about deterrence, cost and morality.
I need to reference them with Harvard reference.
Help me please!
seems like a tricky subject
many differnt forms of death penalty and prices vary, one strike of the sword compared to gun squad compared to injection etc
i guess you would have to talk about different methods and different ways its done, eg public execution or what.
Original post by silviaolarean
Hello everyone!
I need to write an argumentative essay about Death Penalty.
I need some help to find evidence about deterrence, cost and morality.
I need to reference them with Harvard reference.
Help me please!

Most universities produce their own guides on how to use the Harvard system so check this first. If your uni doesn't have it's own then there are lots of guides available on-line.
I mean your first point of call then would probably be to look up some concepts on deterrence theory, they usually add their own input about morality and whatnot that will probably help boost your essay.

As for Harvard there are plenty of quick referencing guides around, just make sure you find the most up to date version.
I watched a good series about inmates on death row in Arkansas, America and it debates the use of Midazolam (the drug they inject to kill the person) which is seen as many as immoral due to tons of complications and lower than expected efficiency. They basically decided to execute seven inmates in 11 days after more than a decades of no executions because the batch of lethal injection was set to go out of date. It was a really interesting insight and shows both sides speaking to the lawyers, families of victims of the crime and the inmates. I think it might have been life and death row on BBC iPlayer, could have some useful points for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending