The Student Room Group

Withdrawal from Uni despite holding the offers

Hello. I am student from Poland, who applied through UCAS for 2019/20 course scheme. Since I decided to study abroad, i moved to UK for living during the last year. I received conditional offers from 4 out of 5 Unis I had sent my application for. But I feel overwhelmed now due to certain personal reasons. These include also financial issues. I would like to withdraw from my current choices, and reapply in the following enrollment. I feel as it is too much on my mind now, and I would like to set in order my concerns, and get some savings before going to study at Uni. Therefore I will process my application from scratch on the next enrollment period. This also means that I will have to pass my exams in 2020 to meet requirements, although I obviously obligated myself to pass this year, but due to mentioned issues, I cannot.
My question is: How would it affect my next applicaton in terms of admission, and how would it influence my chances in the following year? How Unis view such situations?

Regards.
Original post by PatrickCZ
Hello. I am student from Poland, who applied through UCAS for 2019/20 course scheme. Since I decided to study abroad, i moved to UK for living during the last year. I received conditional offers from 4 out of 5 Unis I had sent my application for. But I feel overwhelmed now due to certain personal reasons. These include also financial issues. I would like to withdraw from my current choices, and reapply in the following enrollment. I feel as it is too much on my mind now, and I would like to set in order my concerns, and get some savings before going to study at Uni. Therefore I will process my application from scratch on the next enrollment period. This also means that I will have to pass my exams in 2020 to meet requirements, although I obviously obligated myself to pass this year, but due to mentioned issues, I cannot.
My question is: How would it affect my next applicaton in terms of admission, and how would it influence my chances in the following year? How Unis view such situations?

Regards.

It won't have any influence.
Reply 2

Regards.

If you want to start next year you could consider asking your top choice uni to defer your place, allowing you to wait a year to start without needing to complete a second application
Reply 3
Yes, but to make it possible, I would have to secure my place by meeting the entry requirements this year. As I mentioned above, I am not able to provide with my results this year.

Won't Unis consider me kind of unreliable person for example, while seeing again my application?
Reply 4
Yes, but to make it possible, I would have to secure my place by meeting the entry requirements this year. As I mentioned above, I am not able to provide with my results this year.

Won't Unis consider me kind of unreliable person for example, while seeing again my application?

Most unis don’t keep a record of who applied each year. Personally, I applied twice and got offers from the same uni both times. It won’t impact your application. However, there are some unis that don’t like resit applications if you plan on retaking exams so it would be a good idea to check each uni’s policy on resit applicants. It should be on their website but if not they should tell you if you email them directly
Reply 5
How about reference? Should I re-ask my referee to write it again, or I could discuss with Uni to retain my reference?
Reply 6
How about reference? Should I re-ask my referee to write it again, or I could discuss with Uni to retain my reference?

They likely won’t keep a record of your first application and even if they do, they will judge the second application entirely on its own so it must be a full application that includes a reference and personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending