The Student Room Group

Women’s March co-leader shares post blaming Jews for Mosque Attack

I talked about the white feminism vs black/muslim feminism split in the Womens' March movement before.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5733674

This isn't the first anti-semitic statement from her, but it is one that has been picked up by more media outlets.

https://forward.com/fast-forward/421421/womens-march-bob-bland-blames-jews-new-zealand-mosque/
Hardly a surprise, the further left you lean the more anti-semitic you become.
Original post by Decahedron

Antisemitism is as much a problem on the far-right as the far-left.

It is a matter of extremists being awful people, rather than a particular side being bad.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Antisemitism is as much a problem on the far-right as the far-left.

It is a matter of extremists being awful people, rather than a particular side being bad.

Hardly, right wing anti semitism is vilified and condemned by all, including the vast majority of those in the right. Left wing antisemitism is coddled and excused
There always going be nutball antisemitism conspiracy theories in every movement why should a feminist women march be any different.

Ironically this implies that to be anti-capitalist is to be anti-Semitic, which itself implies that Jews are capitalism. That is mega antisemetic.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Ironically this implies that to be anti-capitalist is to be anti-Semitic, which itself implies that Jews are capitalism. That is mega antisemetic.

I wasn't implying anything, that is all on you my jew hating friend :h:
-Annexes land belonging to another country/people
-Bombs even more of the land
-does this pretty much on a weekly basis
-gets millions and millions from America
-Keeps doing it
-Supports zionism and Jewish nationalism

Silence

-One horiffic shooting that has killed far fewer innocents than the 'country' that shall not be named

-"HOW WHITE NATIONALISM IS A THREAT TO EVERYONE"
-Public outcry and people arrested for trivial reasonsn
-internet tries to censor and block and dissenting opinion
-more articles about how white people are evil and how being right wing is evil too.

Really makes you think.
(edited 5 years ago)
I wasn't implying anything, that is all on you my jew hating friend :h:

The logic of what you were saying leads to antisemitism. Fascists used anti-capitalism as part of thier antisemitism, what with a large part of antisemitism being that jews are behind scenes running the economy to thier advantage and undermining veryone else. Either you are saying capitlaism doesn't exist, which is absurd, or you are saying capitalism does exist and it is done by the jews so it is antisemitic to be anti capitalist. Capitalist = Jew.

If you want to push that kind of red baiting you are doing the work for the fascists and racists.
she shared a post by a jewish man that read "The same language and hate that folks spew against Linda Sarsour and Ilhan Omar killed 54 muslims in New Zealand. You can't stand in solidarity with the muslim community and simultaneously disavow Muslim women for speaking their truths. American Jewish Establishment, I'm looking at you."

which part of that was distinctly anti-semitic? the American Jewish Establishment are not representatives of normal, ordinary Jewish Americans and it would be unfair to make them synonymous with an organisation that have been in support of Israeli occupation for the past 50 years when there are plenty of anti-Zionist Jewish Americans. Why shouldn't individual Jewish people be allowed to confront the bigotry within their own community? And why can't the founder of the Women's March amplify their voice by sharing their posts?
Original post by Dara Dahl
Are you logically dyslexic as well? There's no logic or even implication for what you said. Projection from your side.

Care to tell me why the argument I laid out is wrong?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The logic of what you were saying leads to antisemitism. Fascists used anti-capitalism as part of thier antisemitism, what with a large part of antisemitism being that jews are behind scenes running the economy to thier advantage and undermining veryone else. Either you are saying capitlaism doesn't exist, which is absurd, or you are saying capitalism does exist and it is done by the jews so it is antisemitic to be anti capitalist. Capitalist = Jew.

If you want to push that kind of red baiting you are doing the work for the fascists and racists.

they do run america though. they do. and in many countries own companies that put out or grade the items you are using, eating, they own the apartment or house you are sat in, the building or business you go to, the chemist and medicine you use, the health procedures that are established, the companies that produce your favourite most influential songs and films and books...that's not anti-semitic. is it racist if i say blacks dominate basketball and rap? no. they do. and they are very protective of these industries. so is it anti-jew if i say jews are dominant in law, the economy, politics, real estate, and the media? I think not. It's just a fact since many of them are jewish. Just look at the last name, if they havent changed it to pass as western-Christian.
(edited 5 years ago)
The reason why anti-semitism is commonly found in both the far left/right is because they are both very similar when cosmetic differences are put aside.
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
The reason why anti-semitism is commonly found in both the far left/right is because they are both very similar when cosmetic differences are put aside.

True although I’d say the mainstream right does a much better job (though by no means perfect) of distancing itself from and condemning extremist elements than the far left does.
Original post by limetang
True although I’d say the mainstream right does a much better job (though by no means perfect) of distancing itself from and condemning extremist elements than the far left does.

Not sure it's fair to compare centre-right and far-left.
It is quite interesting how the attacker didn’t mention anything rude about Jews in his manifesto while targeting every other group. Who knows who was making him do this, maybe it’s just his own hatred, or maybe he’s some sort of agent
Not sure it's fair to compare centre-right and far-left.

I’m not. I’m saying that the mainstream right do a better job of distancing themselves and condemning the extreme right than the mainstream left do with the extreme left.

As example, the conservative party is reasonably good at excluding the racist nationalist elements from its party. The Labour Party is less good at doing this
Original post by limetang
I’m not. I’m saying that the mainstream right do a better job of distancing themselves and condemning the extreme right than the mainstream left do with the extreme left.

As example, the conservative party is reasonably good at excluding the racist nationalist elements from its party. The Labour Party is less good at doing this

I think it's because the MSM has a left wing bias and is therefore more willing to overlook it.
left or right? dont care tbh - anti-Semitism cannot be justified, though agree people do use it to brand others e.g. for criticising Israel etc..
I think it's because the MSM has a left wing bias and is therefore more willing to overlook it.

Well that's exactly the point though isn't it? Further evidence if any were needed, the left wing media refusing to adequately condemn left wing extremism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending