The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The three boys lived in a village 2 miles away from my flat the families of the boys not only have to deal with the death of their children but the far right trying to capitalize on their deaths. The driver of the car that killed the teenagers was Hindu and so was his passenger
i only ever read the daily mail to see what sort of silly, dumb stories were out that day - it was comedy gold though! never really read the articles only headlines
Reply 3
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/yellow-vest-protesters-hayes-crash-boys-killed-court-hearing-drink-drive-jaynesh-chudasama-a8694501.html
If your snob it also in the Independent
Original post by sfaraj
i only ever read the daily mail to see what sort of silly, dumb stories were out that day - it was comedy gold though! never really read the articles only headlines
Reply 4
Yes, it by Cherry Hill Cemetery it a shame because the cemetery is beautiful.
*you're

not a snob mate, never read the independent was only commenting on my opinion of the daily mail. after posting i did read the article via the daily mail

in terms of the case, i can understand how frustrated, upset, angry, exploited these families may feel. i would be the same if my lad and his friends were hit by a speeding car being driven but an idiot driving at 2.5 times the drinking limit with traces of cannabis

but wtf is tommy robinson doing there? the guy isn't muslim, obviously so judging by his name... did tommy know the lads? or is he there to stir up some hatred
It's an awful event but it should come as no surprise that the far right would try to exploit it. Half baked conspiracy theories that portray British people/whites/natives/whatever as victims of the government/the liberal elite/the establishment/the BBC/globalists/whatever are what the excel in.

I see even The Sun takes a dim view of James Goddard, also known as the Poundland Tommy Robinson, by referring to him as a lout and jobless thug.
Reply 7
No, he did not know the boys and all he did upset families and all he was doing stirring up hatred of Muslims when the drunk driver was a Hindu.
Original post by sfaraj
*you're

not a snob mate, never read the independent was only commenting on my opinion of the daily mail. after posting i did read the article via the daily mail

in terms of the case, i can understand how frustrated, upset, angry, exploited these families may feel. i would be the same if my lad and his friends were hit by a speeding car being driven but an idiot driving at 2.5 times the drinking limit with traces of cannabis

but wtf is tommy robinson doing there? the guy isn't muslim, obviously so judging by his name... did tommy know the lads? or is he there to stir up some hatred
well, sounds like tommy doesnt it?
Original post by looloo2134
No, he did not know the boys and all he did upset families and all he was doing stirring up hatred of Muslims when the drunk driver was a Hindu.
Reply 9
Who is James Goodard I not heard of this person
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
It's an awful event but it should come as no surprise that the far right would try to exploit it. Half baked conspiracy theories that portray British people/whites/natives/whatever as victims of the government/the liberal elite/the establishment/the BBC/globalists/whatever are what the excel in.

I see even The Sun takes a dim view of James Goddard, also known as the Poundland Tommy Robinson, by referring to him as a lout and jobless thug.
Original post by looloo2134

Where did you get that from? I just checked his video and one of the families are telling the story about how they are convinced of a cover up and why.

I don't know a great deal on the subject but it's very suspicious when you have journalists using unprofessional language to refer to people, and the two minutes it took to research tells a different story to what we are hearing.
Original post by Jebedee

I don't know a great deal on the subject but it's very suspicious when you have journalists using unprofessional language to refer to people, and the two minutes it took to research tells a different story to what we are hearing.

You've seen strong evidence to suggest that this was a terror attack and the police have covered it up? Can you share the evidence?
You've seen strong evidence to suggest that this was a terror attack and the police have covered it up? Can you share the evidence?

I didn't say that. If you look at TRs own video on the issue, one of the families are the ones who first thought it was terrorism and explain why they think there is a cover up. Which assuming they're being genuine (no reason I can think for them to lie), it is very likely there was a cover up to some degree.

But this narrative about TR putting the families through some kind of imaginary misery and cashing in on a tragedy, is simply fake news.
Original post by Jebedee
I didn't say that. If you look at TRs own video on the issue, one of the families are the ones who first thought it was terrorism and explain why they think there is a cover up. Which assuming they're being genuine (no reason I can think for them to lie), it is very likely there was a cover up to some degree.

Because a grieving family hold a particular account of events that differ from the police does not imply there is "very likely" a cover up.

But this narrative about TR putting the families through some kind of imaginary misery and cashing in on a tragedy, is simply fake news.

You haven't read the articles in the OP, have you? It is not claimed the the families are being putting through misery by the likes of Robinson/Goddard and friends. In fact, the opposite is explicitly stated:

The report was based on an interview with Harry Rice's father Ian at the far-right Day Of Freedom demo in London last May.

Mr Rice claimed police had told "one lie after another", and added: “If it isn’t terror related it was definitely a deliberate act, everything points to it.

"Why are the police being so corrupt and suppressive?"

Josh's distraught mum Tracy Blackwell appeared on Good Morning Britain in April with other family members and while she did not go into detail, she said: “I think our case is different from death by dangerous driving, I just want to say that.”

However in a speech uploaded to YouTube after the court case the devastated mother claimed the crash was a "deliberate attack on our sons, our country and our way of life".

Heartbroken Tracy has been latched onto by unsavoury characters like Goddard and Robinson, who see her as the perfect propaganda tool, even though she has denied her grief is being "used" by Goddard.

However, in propagating a false narrative of their deaths (i.e. fake news) with fits in with their political views, they are very much exploiting the situation for their own gain.
Thank you for sending me the links I should know what the far right thugs think having a grandfather that escape Nazi Germany.
I know the road where the accident happen cars speed along it like a racecourse it pure luck other people have not been killed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending