The Student Room Group

Edexcel Spanish Independent Research Project

I already have my topic, but I can't find information anywhere about how long should it be, its structure and examples that I can look at. (Teachers can't help me because I'm home-schooled).

Those who are doing it or already done it... any help and tips?

Thanks.
Hey!
I'm doing mine this year too and I'm also home-schooled!
If you look at the Sample Assesment Materials here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Spanish/2016/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/SAMs_GCE_A_level_L3_in_Spanish.pdf.
There's some useful information there on pages 120 and 121.

I haven't found an example yet, but I found some interesting tips and a sort of guide for the French A Level that Iooked useful here: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/an-example-of-an-individual-research-project-complete-study-new-a-level-2017-french-11665989#

I also had a look at an AQA guide which gave me a few good ideas. Some of the instructions are different but I still personally found it useful.
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/languages/AQA-MFL-ALEVEL-TG-IRP.PDF

Buena Suerte!
If anyone else has an example, useful tips etc, I'd also be really interested to hear them!
Original post by mcojocaru2
I already have my topic, but I can't find information anywhere about how long should it be, its structure and examples that I can look at. (Teachers can't help me because I'm home-schooled).

Those who are doing it or already done it... any help and tips?

Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for the sources! How long will your project be? In terms of Word pages.
Are you doing Edexcel?
Original post by Zainab4hmed
Hey!
I'm doing mine this year too and I'm also home-schooled!
If you look at the Sample Assesment Materials here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Spanish/2016/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/SAMs_GCE_A_level_L3_in_Spanish.pdf.
There's some useful information there on pages 120 and 121.

I haven't found an example yet, but I found some interesting tips and a sort of guide for the French A Level that Iooked useful here: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/an-example-of-an-individual-research-project-complete-study-new-a-level-2017-french-11665989#

I also had a look at an AQA guide which gave me a few good ideas. Some of the instructions are different but I still personally found it useful.
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/languages/AQA-MFL-ALEVEL-TG-IRP.PDF

Buena Suerte!
If anyone else has an example, useful tips etc, I'd also be really interested to hear them!
No worries! Yes, I'm doing Edexcel.
My presentation itself is about 170 words. I'm still in the editing process, so that might change.
Thanks for the sources! How long will your project be? In terms of Word pages.
Are you doing Edexcel?
Reply 4
I'm doing Edexcel too... I wrote AQA by accident.
That's a pretty good length for the presentation, but that's the oral part of the project, is it?
I was asking about the written part of the project, you have to write it, do you? 3 Word pages are enough? Or is it too much? Around 1500 words.

Also, are you only studying La Casa De Bernarda Alba and the movie Volver?
Or do you have to read extra books for the exam.

No worries! Yes, I'm doing Edexcel.
My presentation itself is about 170 words. I'm still in the editing process, so that might change.
Thank you!
Hang on, which part of the project are you talking about exactly? From what I know there isn't really a written part. Could you explain it a bit more? I might actually be wrong because I don't know the syllabus perfectly :smile:
I'm actually studying El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba and the movie Las 13 Rosas. I've actually been regretting it a little bit haha because I didn't realise there were study guides for the other books whereas my choices don't. You made some good choices.
No, you don't have to read extra books. It's good practice but they're not necessary.
I'm doing Edexcel too... I wrote AQA by accident.
That's a pretty good length for the presentation, but that's the oral part of the project, is it?
I was asking about the written part of the project, you have to write it, do you? 3 Word pages are enough? Or is it too much? Around 1500 words.

Also, are you only studying La Casa De Bernarda Alba and the movie Volver?
Or do you have to read extra books for the exam.
Reply 6
Omg!!! There isn't a written part?? I'm so lost then xD but at the same time I'm relieved.
I thought La Casa De Bernarda Alba and Volver are compulsory, nevermind then.
Glad I don't have the same confusion with my other subjects.
Many thanks for the help, seriously.

I'd like to talk more about the project if you don't mind, but not over here as I respond every few days.
What social media do you have? I'm active on Twitter so here you go @Akkermansia1 (My profile pic is a baby parrot).🦔🦔
Thank you!
Hang on, which part of the project are you talking about exactly? From what I know there isn't really a written part. Could you explain it a bit more? I might actually be wrong because I don't know the syllabus perfectly :smile:
I'm actually studying El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba and the movie Las 13 Rosas. I've actually been regretting it a little bit haha because I didn't realise there were study guides for the other books whereas my choices don't. You made some good choices.
No, you don't have to read extra books. It's good practice but they're not necessary.
Haha yeah, totally!
No worries at all, I'm glad I could help
Sure! I'd love to help! I know what you mean, it's the same for me.
I'm not very active on social media but I do have an Instagram, I don't actually have Twitter, though.
I'm @Zainab4hmed on Instagram
Omg!!! There isn't a written part?? I'm so lost then xD but at the same time I'm relieved.
I thought La Casa De Bernarda Alba and Volver are compulsory, nevermind then.
Glad I don't have the same confusion with my other subjects.
Many thanks for the help, seriously.

I'd like to talk more about the project if you don't mind, but not over here as I respond every few days.
What social media do you have? I'm active on Twitter so here you go @Akkermansia1 (My profile pic is a baby parrot).🦔🦔
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest