(Original post by CoolCavy)
A thread to discuss how your 10 hour exam went
We will be able to reflect on the exam~
Bahaha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ugh I have a hate/dislike relationship with Art. Seems to take up all my time and Art teachers act like all other lessons don't matter. --.-- Can't wait to get it over and done with 🎉🎉

ITS OVER THANK THE LORDDDD
Last edited by Bahaha; 2 weeks ago
elle360
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I really want to get a grade 6 or higher in art but I got my new exam sketchbook and i've already ruined it!, is there any hope :'(
WildPeachyKeen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I despise planning and up until now I haven’t done any for my pieces. Now I’m going to have to.
Art GCSE is honestly not for me and I’ll be glad when it’s over. I’m sick of having to explain why I’ve done what I did and how it links to an artist and my theme. I guess spontaneity is dead.
thismoonchild
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
honestly same.
i wish it wasn't so repetitive and mind-numbingly boring. explaining everything gets on my nerves and i have NO CLUE what to do for my final piece.
im actually screwed fml
(Original post by WildPeachyKeen)
I despise planning and up until now I haven’t done any for my pieces. Now I’m going to have to.
Art GCSE is honestly not for me and I’ll be glad when it’s over. I’m sick of having to explain why I’ve done what I did and how it links to an artist and my theme. I guess spontaneity is dead.
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by WildPeachyKeen)
Saaame haha. Not to be pretentious but why can't I just make art for the sake of making art?! :dumbells:
hat-123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I used to love art but now it's the subject I regret taking the absolute most. When people say it's "an easy GCSE" I literally just laugh because so far it has been the most stressful and time consuming of all my subjects. I did my 10 hour exam last week and can honestly say it was the most gruelling time of my life hahah. At the start of the year I was predicted an 8/9 which is a joke at this point as I've literally just given up :')
Turbulence15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m in the middle of doing it and my back is in agony, can’t they get us some better chairs! But since I’m predicted a 3 I’m expecting a solid 2 because I chose the wrong theme
Malestro
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
my exam is in 4 days and im 3 weeks behind on exam prep.. rip me
Rights4daughter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Asking question for my daughter. Are any of you doing AQA board and if so, is your school letting you have the radio on while you do your exam?
Malestro
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi, im doing AQA! i’m currently halfway through my exam (finished the first five hours today) and yep we have the radio on.
(Original post by Rights4daughter)
Asking question for my daughter. Are any of you doing AQA board and if so, is your school letting you have the radio on while you do your exam?
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can't WAIT for gcse art to be over....:eek3:
thismoonchild
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
honestly, me too.
kinda makes me sad tho because as much as i hate gcse art, i do really love art.
now i wont have as much time or motivation to do it bc of a levels
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Can't WAIT for gcse art to be over....:eek3:
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by thismoonchild)
honestly, me too.
kinda makes me sad tho because as much as i hate gcse art, i do really love art.
now i wont have as much time or motivation to do it bc of a levels
Yep...agree
wpastudentlife
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I didn't even know what i was doing for my final piece until the day before the 10 hour exam. I did mine recently on Monday and Tuesday 5 hours each, and can i just say how exhausted i am after it. It was a lot of work but i finished in time and the result was great but my sketchbook could be better so i'm hoping for a 5 or a 6 in art even though my target grades an 8 so yay. But, i'll always remember the exam because during the 10 hours i spilt green ink all over myself as i went to get it and had to be taken to first aid to get it out of my eyes and had to have a shower at school to rinse the ink off. After all that, i had to continue the exam anyways. Now i just laugh it off.
Turbulence15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Found out the other day we still have an hour left 😠 and for the full 10 hours it was complete silence apart from coughing and sneezing since most of us were ill. My piece sucks but an hour ain’t gonna fix it 😫
misskitten1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rights4daughter)
yes our teacher is
AvaCraven
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sameeee. I was told that we only had 10 hours, panicked when I ran out of time and then got told we had a random extra hour for some reason 😬🤔
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 26.0px 'Apple Color Emoji'} p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 26.0px 'Apple Color Emoji'}
(Original post by Turbulence15)
Found out the other day we still have an hour left 😠 and for the full 10 hours it was complete silence apart from coughing and sneezing since most of us were ill. My piece sucks but an hour ain’t gonna fix it 😫
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads