The Student Room Group

PGDE Secondary Teaching University of Edinburgh 2019

Hi everyone!

Looking to see if anyone has accepted offers from Edinburgh for PGDE teaching for 2019 entry? I have offers of biology and chemistry but was wondering if anyone knew the sort of structure/timings of the course. I know it starts August but I can't find an awful lot of info online. Also, hello if you are also going to Edinburgh for teaching!
Reply 1
Hi therem Afraid I can't help as I only have my interview on Friday.. Wanted to ask you how you found the interview process - particularly the presentation/individual interview.. I'm really struggling for inspiration and don't know what to expect..
Reply 2
Hey! I found the interview to be fine, it starts with a group discussion type interview then you will be called in for your individual interview. You then do the presentation and then answer some questions. The interviewers were great and made you feel comfortable.

What subject are you going for? The presentation can be on something really simple and only takes a short amount of time. Just try to stay calm and it will be alright 🙂 good luck!
Original post by MjM_2103
Hi therem Afraid I can't help as I only have my interview on Friday.. Wanted to ask you how you found the interview process - particularly the presentation/individual interview.. I'm really struggling for inspiration and don't know what to expect..
Reply 3
Hi!

thanks for your reply. Good to know that it's not as scary as it sounds.. I'm going for Secondary Biology, so just trying to figure out the presentation at the moment!

If anything is revealed at my interview that would be of help to you I'll let you know!
Original post by Lclc_
Hey! I found the interview to be fine, it starts with a group discussion type interview then you will be called in for your individual interview. You then do the presentation and then answer some questions. The interviewers were great and made you feel comfortable.

What subject are you going for? The presentation can be on something really simple and only takes a short amount of time. Just try to stay calm and it will be alright 🙂 good luck!
Hiya :hi:

I've moved your thread to Teacher training, teaching and education jobs, I'd suggest you check out this thread to speak to other PDGE applicants:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5410502
Original post by Lclc_
Hi everyone!

Looking to see if anyone has accepted offers from Edinburgh for PGDE teaching for 2019 entry? I have offers of biology and chemistry but was wondering if anyone knew the sort of structure/timings of the course. I know it starts August but I can't find an awful lot of info online. Also, hello if you are also going to Edinburgh for teaching!

I have an offer for Biology with Edinburgh and did contact them to ask about timetables etc but just got a standard response that it was full time so Monday to Friday 9 -5.
I also have an offer from strathclyde and am really struggling to make a decision.
Reply 6
Hi! I just confirmed my offer at Edinburgh on UCAS as firm choice and Glasgow as insurance as the conditions are lower. Strathclyde declined me...Ahh I see, I emailed this weekend to check when the official start date would be - I’m thinking 19th August (as that’s when Glasgow’s official start date is for PGDE) but wanted to confirm that so I’m waiting on a reply.
hey, I have accepted a place at university of Edinburgh for PGDE Secondary Chemistry :smile:
Reply 8
Hello! Has anyone doing or completed the PGDE Secondary at Edinburgh? If so, could you please give me some idea on what you thought of it? I have offers from Edinburgh and Strathclyde and trying to decide! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending