The Student Room Group

Frontline 2019 Cohort

Has anyone applied to Frontline? I submitted my application yesterday, got invited to do the online test, passed that and now just waiting for them to review my whole application. They said it would take up to 5 days but the wait is already killing me! How long did it take them to get back to you?

Scroll to see replies

Hey - have you read the other thread? There are pages and pages. It said on there that it would only takes a few days to be reviewed so maybe on Monday? How were the online tests? I’m in the process of applying but the online tests are worrying me 😫😫 Good Luck to you. X
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Has anyone applied to Frontline? I submitted my application yesterday, got invited to do the online test, passed that and now just waiting for them to review my whole application. They said it would take up to 5 days but the wait is already killing me! How long did it take them to get back to you?
Reply 2
Original post by lucygohappy
Hey - have you read the other thread? There are pages and pages. It said on there that it would only takes a few days to be reviewed so maybe on Monday? How were the online tests? I’m in the process of applying but the online tests are worrying me 😫😫 Good Luck to you. X

Yeah I found it not long after posting this but then I thought it might be different because we are on a time limit. They took 24 hours to get back and yesterday I found out that I was through to the video interview stage. I didn’t think the online test was too difficult. It just gave you different scenarios and three answers to choose from. Don’t worry about the online tests as there’s no point. I was worried about them too but they aren’t as bad as you think they will be. Good luck too! x
How did you get on? Had my video interview this morning and hoping to hear back this week!!
How was the video interview? I’ve got my link through but haven’t one it yet. 😬 worrying about it. Did you just read up on the competencies and the leadership statement? Or did you read anything else?
All you need is competencies and a knowledge about the programme. Definitely use the link to the practice website because I found late last night my built in microphone wasn’t being picked up so had to sort that at gone midnight !!!! You really don’t need to worry about video interview
Reply 6
How was the video interview? I’ve got my link through but haven’t one it yet. 😬 worrying about it. Did you just read up on the competencies and the leadership statement? Or did you read anything else?

I honestly don’t think it went too well but I’ve yet to hear back. I did it on Monday. I wouldn’t prepare too much I over prepared and only one thing I prepped for came up. Yeah I read up on the competencies etc but don’t worry too much about it
Reply 7
Original post by SocialStudent794
How did you get on? Had my video interview this morning and hoping to hear back this week!!

I don’t think it went well, how did you do? I completed mine on Monday and hoping to hear back tomorrow. Good luck
There’s always room for improvement but I think it went OK. It felt more so as a test to make sure you’re not completely incapable. After stressing out the night before I came to the conclusion this morning that they’re not looking for social workers to join the course so obviously they’re not going to ask us any thing too far advanced or anything can’t answer using common sense.
Reply 9
There’s always room for improvement but I think it went OK. It felt more so as a test to make sure you’re not completely incapable. After stressing out the night before I came to the conclusion this morning that they’re not looking for social workers to join the course so obviously they’re not going to ask us any thing too far advanced or anything can’t answer using common sense.

I spoke to a careers advisor regarding the video interview questions and she said that they were quite hard for a hopeful trainee social worker, especially the last couple which you couldn’t really prep for. I think they make the tests like this so that you can’t really prepare for them. Have you applied for any other social work grad schemes?
Maybe they ask different questions, I am quite surprised that a career advisor said the questions were quite hard. They have to be hard enough to find the calibre of students they want on their course. Maybe I’m mistaking the experience I’ve gained in my job roles for common sense
Reply 11
Maybe they ask different questions, I am quite surprised that a career advisor said the questions were quite hard. They have to be hard enough to find the calibre of students they want on their course. Maybe I’m mistaking the experience I’ve gained in my job roles for common sense

Yeah maybe so. Last year I applied for a masters in social work and the questions they asked were much easier. I think for people who have very little experience it’s harder. I went straight from undergrad to masters and now hopefully this so I don’t have as much experience as you do. I think some were common sense but others I was a little surprised about
How are you both doing? I did my video interview this morning - the questions weren’t what I thought they’d be. I tried and that’s all I can do. The think I found hard was having 30 seconds to read and think of a strong answer. What will be, will be. Have either of you heard back?
Heard back today and I have to do it again because my microphone didn’t work lol so I’ll do doubt have to wait 2 working days again once I’ve done it tonight. I’m not surprised it’s happened to me - I’m the clumsiest person I know
How are you both doing? I did my video interview this morning - the questions weren’t what I thought they’d be. I tried and that’s all I can do. The think I found hard was having 30 seconds to read and think of a strong answer. What will be, will be. Have either of you heard back?

Just done it for a second time and I’m not as happy as I was with the first one. It’ll serve me right for being so prepped and happy about it the first time around lol what will be will be
That’s so annoying for you! I don’t think I’d answer the questions that much better the second time - too long to overthink them. Good luck to you. X
That’s so annoying for you! I don’t think I’d answer the questions that much better the second time - too long to overthink them. Good luck to you. X

That’s exactly how it went. First time round when I did it on Wednesday (my day off) I’d planned the night before, read up, made notes and took my time on the day. I was relaxed and ready. I read the email today in work, couldn’t even think about it all day because I’ve been so busy teaching and then I’ve come straight home to do it without any prepping and I feel like I didn’t answer to my full potential. I hope they understand how much more stressful it is the 2nd time around. I think we should hear back by Tuesday, it seems to take two days from interview. Good luck yourself, let me know how you get on! X
Reply 17

I thought the questions would be different too. I heard back on Thursday and got rejected. I’m still waiting to hear back from Step up so fingers crossed. Good luck with your application!
Reply 18
Heard back today and I have to do it again because my microphone didn’t work lol so I’ll do doubt have to wait 2 working days again once I’ve done it tonight. I’m not surprised it’s happened to me - I’m the clumsiest person I know

That sounds like a nightmare, hopefully the second time will work better for you. Good luck!
Original post by S1elyak1
I thought the questions would be different too. I heard back on Thursday and got rejected. I’m still waiting to hear back from Step up so fingers crossed. Good luck with your application!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it’ll give you a better insight into what step up may ask and you can be better prepared. I have a feeling that step up isn’t as brutal as front line. Stay positive and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest