The Student Room Group

Kraggor's Diet/Workout Journey

Welcome to Kraggor's
Diet/Workout Journey Blog
51RdefU-WyL._SX425_.jpg

Hi Guys, Most of you know me as Kraggor but you may also know me as Cam :h:
But, I've got some bad news guys...I'm getting fatter (Below is an accurate image of me)

In all seriousness I might upload a pic once I get one ready for the diet :redface:

Background to why I'm doing this in spolier

Spoiler

Super Late New Year Resoltion...
So this year I've decided I want to amend my lifestyle to change my comfort zone to a healthier one.
Luckily, I have an amazing friend and coach to help motivate me and put together a diet and workout plan for me @CleverSquirrel :love: without her I would have never got this started :h:
(P.S. Anyone interested in Diet or Workouts, please give @CleverSquirrel a message as she is an official Personal Trainer now who has vacancies for new clients :smile:)

I'll lay out the current plan of action
Starting from next Monday - 1st April 2019 (And yes this is not an april fools joke :rolleyes:) me and my girlfriend will start our little journey with this diet/workout plan and Ill be keeping little diary updates on this blog of the food Ive been eating during the day (and the calories if I can remember) and any workouts I do (this may start off slow as food is the main priority for me )

Diet/Workout Plan and Targets
I'll give a more detailed plan once I have more details put together, but for now each day will be a limitation of 1500(actually 1570 from MyFitnessPal) calories which I will be tracking through the 'MyFitnessPal' App. And hopefully 30min workouts to be completed in the household or even just walking on more casual days. My current Weight goal will be around 11st 7lbs (73kg)

Benefits to do doing this
I'm hoping this journey will help me learn more and improve myself both mentally and physically. Giving me a healthier body but also to revitalize me with more energy more often and to increase my drive for productivity and ambition.

Also as an added extra bonus, for those who didn't know either. In the least year I am a reverted muslim and therefore in May will be my first ever fast. This in itself will be a great set of lessons for me but hopefully this diet/workout lifestyle changer will assist me along with the build up to that :h:

Bio:
Height: 5ft 10in (Need to get this double checked, haven't measured in years :s-smilie:)
Weight: 13st 6lbs (85kg)
Extra Details TBC

Hopefully I will be updating daily from 1st April Monday 2019. So stay tuned for that :biggrin:
If anyone actually wants to be kept updated then feel free to let me know and I will sticky you in the tags :redface:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yaaaaaaaassss Cam!! im with you all the way!!

message if you need any more help ily <3
Reply 2
Original post by CleverSquirrel
yaaaaaaaassss Cam!! im with you all the way!!

message if you need any more help ily <3

Can't believe I'm finally starting it and now got this diary to help me keep track :smile:
We are gonna get this together! :h:

Ofc will contact you whenever :yep: ly2:cube:
Reply 3
Congratulations on deciding to start this! Best of luck! You should post a photo and measurements of your stomach/waist etc. to help track your progress and see all the positive effects of your new programme - it might be quite motivating to see how far you’ve come!
Reply 4
Original post by hjjr11
Congratulations on deciding to start this! Best of luck! You should post a photo and measurements of your stomach/waist etc. to help track your progress and see all the positive effects of your new programme - it might be quite motivating to see how far you’ve come!

Thanks :h: I'll be giving it the best try I can though I do what to keep it quite casual :smile:

Oo stomach and waist measurement is a great idea, I'll get around to that next week when I got some spare time and buy some tape haha

Tracking all the numbers should hopefully give me some tangible positivity on my physique but I'm also really looking forward to how it boosts the positivity in my mental health too :tongue:
Tag me in too pls!! Being bit of a health fanatic that I am, it is great to follow other people's journeys as well!

It's super great that your gf is in on this too, since it will make it that many times easier :h:

You already have a very cool trainer, but just a few notes for ya if you are interested.

:goodluck:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by batter mix
Tag me in too pls!! Being bit of a health fanatic that I am, it is great to follow other people's journeys as well!

It's super great that your gf is in on this too, since it will make it that many times easier :h:

You already have a very cool trainer, but just a few notes for ya if you are interested.

Spoiler

Hi there :h: of course I'll put you on the list to be tagged in all the posts I put here :smile:
Great to hear you're interested in other people's :ahee:
Have you got a blog?

Mhmm always makes it easier doing it with someone else. Plus allows us to both keep each other in check to increase our drive :biggrin:

Oo thanks for the notes! Ill spoiler some responses to it so you get a few more details (Because unfortunately I wont be able to put in the actual plan as it's usually a paid for thing due to it being personalised by my trainer haha.

Spoiler

Original post by Kraggor
Hi there :h: of course I'll put you on the list to be tagged in all the posts I put here :smile:
Great to hear you're interested in other people's :ahee:
Have you got a blog?

Mhmm always makes it easier doing it with someone else. Plus allows us to both keep each other in check to increase our drive :biggrin:

Oo thanks for the notes! Ill spoiler some responses to it so you get a few more details (Because unfortunately I wont be able to put in the actual plan as it's usually a paid for thing due to it being personalised by my trainer haha.

Spoiler

No I haven't! I thought of starting one but I have commitment phobia lol and I just cant be bothered.

Ofc, didn't wish for you to share. Just wanted to add a few of my pointers.

Spoiler

Reply 8
No I haven't! I thought of starting one but I have commitment phobia lol and I just cant be bothered.

Ofc, didn't wish for you to share. Just wanted to add a few of my pointers.

Spoiler

Haha I get you, I'm hoping I have the motivation to keep this updated daily. (with exceptions). I was meant to start a different kind of blog a year ago but like you didnt want to commit :redface:

No problem, I would share but wouldnt be fair on her.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Pre-Diet/Work Journey Update
Hi Guys :h: This evening is the last night before my new healthier lifestyle :smile: Just posting some quick updates (Still alot missing as Ive got to go shopping tomorrow haha) ready for tomorrow's post (Will be posting probably after dinner into late evening)

Beginning Stats (To be updated)
Weight: 13st 5lbs (84.8kg)
Neck: TBC
Chest: TBC
Waist: TBC

The daily posts will probably just consist of my meals/snacks throughout the day along with the workouts I've done at night. If I am in the mood or have done anything else I think has contributed I will post that as a bonus too :u:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Good luck Cam!!!!
Reply 11
Original post by Kathy89
Good luck Cam!!!!

Thanks! :h: Will be posting first update later this evening after dinner :woo:
Reply 12
Exciting! Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier life! I’m intrigued to see your update later! (And please keep tagging me in!)
Reply 13
Original post by hjjr11
Exciting! Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier life! I’m intrigued to see your update later! (And please keep tagging me in!)

Haha strange to see someone else be excited :tongue: Thanks for supporting me with my new journey hjjr :h: Don't worry you're on the list of people I'm tagging in :five:
Reply 14
Reply 15

Thank you for the encouragement! :h: I'll be trying my best :yep:
Can't wait! :^_^:
Reply 17
Can't wait! :^_^:

Don't worry I'll keep you in the tag list too :smile:
Reply 18
Day 1, 1st April 2019:
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a great day so far and a relaxing evening
Today is the first day of my journey into having a healthier diet (and cutting my calories for now) and attempting daily workouts to improve my physique and mental game.
There might be different sub headings in each daily update but there will always be food and workout sections plus either weekly or fortnightly I will be doing an overview of current progress and positive and negative updates.

Quick Update!: Because of my stats being put into the MyFitnessPal App my actual goal from now on will be 1570 calories to reach my goal of 11st 7lbs(73kg). (Estimates me losing 1.5kg a week)

Daily Life
So for those of you who don't know already, I am an IT developer at a water company (did apprenticeship for 2 years and now have been working there for 1.5 years permanent).
Started work late today because needed some extra sleep (I only live a 7 min walk from the office so not a problem haha) and immediately regretted looking at my calendar...I had 3 one hour long meetings today which really has drained me to be honest, feeling super tired
Otherwise was just reading/writing documents today preparing for some upcoming projects and then after work walked to Tescos for a big shop (partly due to this plan) and walked home ready to cook dinner.
Rest of the evening is just going to be relaxing tonight. TSR, videos and some PS4...if gf isn't watching reality tv shows :tongue:
Update: Also ordered some workout exercise mats which should arrive on Wednesday :h:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food

Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs on Brown Toast - 146 Calories

Lunch
Pasta with minced beef and mushrooms - 424 Calories

Dinner
Venison steak with rice and green beans - 499 Calories

Snacks
Orange - 62 Calories
Cookie dough cheesecake - 415 Calories (Only had this because we had leftovers from weekend and didn't want to waste plus we had room for some calories )

Other (Zero/Uneligible Calories)
Water - 3.4Litres
Tea (No milk) - 2 cups

Total Calories: 1546 - Target Achieved! :woo:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workout

Warm up - 5mins of light jogging on the spot

Burpees - 10 reps

Crunches - 20 reps

Plank - 30 seconds

Kneeling press-ups - 40 reps

Lunges - 50 reps

Running on the spot - 60 seconds

This was honestly pretty hard but that's okay, I haven't done anything like this in so long plus I was extra tired today haha but glad I did it. I was even tempted to skip tonight :bigsmile:
Minor Update: Managed to also walk 4km yesterday :smile: The app says 233 calories burned but that doesn't sound right so not going to include. PT confirmed walking does burn this much so will be in the future taking this into account for calorie count.
Anyone who is interested in keeping up to date with my journey then just let me know and I will add you to the below tag list :h:
Update: Sorry for late post, TSR had issues letting me submit formatted:rolleyes:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
:woo:
Best of luck :rave:

Quick Reply