The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by At-the-disco7
you should've fine for your holiday in may, training is only 3-5 weeks :smile:

thanks. how are you getting on? im so nervous for my start now
Hi, has anyone applied for Manchester/Salford and got feedback or answer from HMRC? I had an interview on 1st of March, interviews finished on 7th of March and still no answer from them. How long does it usually take to get any answer from them?
It's going well so far! Just training but go live on the phones soon :frown: slightly dreading it haha and please don't be nervous! I was a wreck when I first walked in but as soon as you meet everyone and get settled it's a really friendly place :smile:
Original post by fjb88
thanks. how are you getting on? im so nervous for my start now
Reply 1183
Thanks. wow thats quick at going live on the phones!!! I know just need to do a dry run on the journey im not 100% sure on where office is doing that tomorrow. how many people in your training group?

It's going well so far! Just training but go live on the phones soon :frown: slightly dreading it haha and please don't be nervous! I was a wreck when I first walked in but as soon as you meet everyone and get settled it's a really friendly place :smile:
Yeah, it's kind of hard to find! Everyone got lost first day 😂 And there's around 10-12 in my group and I think there's another 9-10 in yours so you're not alone :smile:
Reply 1185
thanks you have been so helpful. still nervous but guess thats normal. going for a drive tomorrow to see if i can find it okay
Yeah, it's kind of hard to find! Everyone got lost first day 😂 And there's around 10-12 in my group and I think there's another 9-10 in yours so you're not alone :smile:
Original post by majster090
Hi, has anyone applied for Manchester/Salford and got feedback or answer from HMRC? I had an interview on 1st of March, interviews finished on 7th of March and still no answer from them. How long does it usually take to get any answer from them?

I applied for a different office but i had my interview 4th march and not heard anything yet. It said in the notes that it would be 3 weeks before we hear anything, at the interview they said they aimed to get back to everyone quicker than that but from what I've read on these forums it can take alot longer. Guess we just have to wait it out.
Hi,I also had an interview on the 5th of March and also impatiently waiting for a response. The guys who interviewed me said HMRC have a reputation for taking the piss when it comes to recruitment and could take 3-6 weeks. Hopefully it won’t be any longer! Thankfully I’m in my last year at uni and have some time to play around with but it’s still so long!
(edited 5 years ago)
So I got put on the reserve list! Anyone else heard back yet?

What does the reserve list actually mean? Will I be offererd a job eventually ? I haven’t had any emails from them, only the feedback on the website under my application.
Original post by GloomyBear258

What does the reserve list actually mean? Will I be offererd a job eventually ? I haven’t had any emails from them, only the feedback on the website under my application.

Where have you applied? I was on reserve but got a provisional offer a month later
I applied for Bathgate.
Original post by NazzAlii
Where have you applied? I was on reserve but got a provisional offer a month later
I applied for Bathgate.

Cool, im in bradford, it could take a couple of weeks or a couple of months to get a provisional offer, after that it takes a while to get a start date, I’ve been waiting almost 6 weeks for a start date
I still haven’t heard anything 😬😬

I’m Belfast I did my interview 4 weeks ago for customer service. I got an email today I’m on the reserve list. My score was 7.6.7. Hoping I get an offer
Original post by Citygirlbfs
I’m Belfast I did my interview 4 weeks ago for customer service. I got an email today I’m on the reserve list. My score was 7.6.7. Hoping I get an offer

Probably quite likely with that score
Also on the reserve list!
Probably quite likely with that score
Yesss! Gratz :smile: Does yours also say on reserve for 12 months?
Original post by StudentRCxx
Also on the reserve list!
Reply 1197
Hi, I had an interview on the 22nd of Feb for East Kilbride. Today I was told I'm on the reserve list for 12 months has this happened to anyone else? At the time I was told there was 100 job roles avaliable I'm confused as to whether they're all gone now 😞
Reply 1198
Hi, I had an interview on the 22nd of Feb for East Kilbride. Today I was told I'm on the reserve list for 12 months has this happened to anyone else? At the time I was told there was 100 job roles avaliable I'm confused as to whether they're all gone now 😞
Original post by Ljd14

Yes, I’ve been put on the reserve list for 12 months and there were 100 positions to fill at my office aswell. Just have to wait and see what happens. Being placed on the reserve list is quite common from what I’ve read and you could end up receiving a job offer quite soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending