The Student Room Group

What uni to firm?

Hi there,

So i’ve been constantly flipping between two unis that i’m not sure which to firm.

I plan on studying maths with stats/business at the start of September this year.

The two unis that i’m deciding between are UCL and LSE, with the grade requirements of A*AA and AAA respectively.

(predicted A* maths AA in psychology and chemistry)

Just a lil context, i like the course at LSE but the student satisfaction is really low which is a concern. However i dislike the course at UCL (statistics) as it’s not as flexible as LSE’s (maths,stays & business) but i like the uni.

Any help?
Reply 1
go to applicant open days to experience them for yourself and the judge them on many aspects such as: the course, teaching, facilities, staff, other students, accommodation, social life, sporting facilities etc.
From what I know, LSE is Top 10 in the world for business while UCL doesn't make top 50.
Student satisfaction is also influenced by the workload of the university, don't forget that.

If you're more interested in the Business side go for LSE.

Otherwise, watch rankings and TSR threads all day on your road to madness, like I'm doing :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Alessandro_Nerla
From what I know, LSE is Top 10 in the world for business while UCL doesn't make top 50.
Student satisfaction is also influenced by the workload of the university, don't forget that.

Otherwise, watch rankings and TSR threads all day on your road to madness, like I'm doing :wink:

Thanks for the reply, and yes i’m more interested in the business side of things so i’m leaning more to LSE
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Alessandro_Nerla

Original post by bob981
go to applicant open days to experience them for yourself and the judge them on many aspects such as: the course, teaching, facilities, staff, other students, accommodation, social life, sporting facilities etc.

I’ve been to UCL’s open day and i really liked the uni to the point that i can see myself going there.
I’m going to LSE’s offer holders day, in the holidays, to find out if i do like it
Original post by T.a1_
Thanks for the reply, and yes i’m more interested in the business side of things so i’m leaving more to LSE

If you're interested in the business side then LSE is pretty much a no-brainer, which actually makes the lower entry requirements pretty weird.

Quick Reply

Latest