The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
When I said all-loving I was referring to how God is supposed to omnibenevolent: God is absolutely good and that no action or motive or thought or feeling or anything else about Him is not purely good.
It's often used in a triad with omnipotence and omniscience.
If unforgivable sins exist then surely God is not as loving as he is said to be.

Original post by Leviathan1611
before I answer that, please clarify, what do you mean by "all loving"?

God will forgive any sin except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost. all one must do is believe on his Son Jesus Christ to save them and not at all trust in their own good deeds to get them to heaven.
however we're not talking about the eternal destination of souls, just whether a person shall live physically on earth anymore or not.
Original post by Andrew97
The U.K government isn’t going to start stoning homosexual people to death.

I know
Original post by RogerOxon
Wrong.

Exactly what do you mean by 'clearly'? Once to superstitious, uneducated and gullible people?

you do realise more than 5 billion people in the world believe in a god
why do you ask for evidence? every creature knows God exists, He has made himself known and it is clearly seen. those to claim otherwise hold the truth in unrighteousness.

zero

Dogs, horses,cats and every other creature has told you they believe in God, have they ?

I haven't seen him, i dont believe in him, there's your counterexample.
Original post by idek423
When I said all-loving I was referring to how God is supposed to omnibenevolent: God is absolutely good and that no action or motive or thought or feeling or anything else about Him is not purely good.
If unforgivable sins exist then surely God is not as loving as he is said to be.

by "all loving" do mean that He loves everyone?
Reply 65
yes
by "all loving" do mean that He loves everyone?
Original post by salimyasin10

Evidence?
Original post by Djtoodles
Ooh I disagree, i don't think God would like you shirking your responsibility like this. By not acting you are condoning. You have clear instruction on what should be done, i think its time you do your duty.

incorrect, God wants us to obey the laws of the land (unless they're causing us to sin). the instructions on dealing with crimes is for the government to handle, not citizens.
Original post by idek423

so by "all loving", do you mean that God loves everyone?
Original post by NotNotBatman
i dont believe in him.

ok.
So your saying the government is more powerful than God when it comes to deciding on laws and what is and is not acceptable?
incorrect, God wants us to obey the laws of the land (unless they're causing us to sin). the instructions on dealing with crimes is for the government to handle, not citizens.
Original post by idek423
yes

that is a common misconception. God does not love everyone. there are many verses in the Bible of Him hating certain people. the majority he loves, however there is a small minority that he hates.
Reply 73
already responded but yeah
so by "all loving", do you mean that God loves everyone?
Reply 74
Surely if he was all-powerful then he would get rid of the people he hates?
And going by the theory that God designed everything, why has he created a minority that he despises?
that is a common misconception. God does not love everyone. there are many verses in the Bible of Him hating certain people. the majority he loves, however there is a small minority that he hates.
Original post by Djtoodles
So your saying the government is more powerful than God when it comes to deciding on laws and what is and is not acceptable?

no, God put government in place to punish criminals according to his law, not decide what laws are right or not by their standard.
no, God put government in place to punish criminals according to his law, not decide what laws are right or not by their standard.

I feel sorry for you. You are brainwashed beyond recovery. Can you not see that your thoughts/beliefs are just breeding hatred?
Original post by salimyasin10

I'd question your numbers. Indoctrination is an evil and powerful thing.

Why 'a god', rather than the same one? Many believe that the Earth is flat.

We don't vote on what is true.
(edited 5 years ago)
Travel ban on Brunei citizens perhaps? I'm sure this isn't universally condemned by the people after all.
No God didn't, we did, that's how democracy works. These governments were never going to do Gods work properly, anyone who voted for them would know this and therefore they going against God. This country would punish someone who carried out gods work.

Also you say that he put them here to punish those by his law, but they clearly disregarded his laws and are therefore unfit.

I think you are a coward, a coward who cannot overcome their own fears and moral misgivings and instead you try to pass the responsibility on to those who have no intention to do what God demands. I think God would be most displeased with you.

Latest

Trending

Trending