The Student Room Group

Scot Gov Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToastMonkey
Nope. Having gone through a big recruitment drive with the Scottish Government previously, take all time lines with a couple kilograms of sea salt. Friday means the next Monday. Next week means next month.

I find that true of quite a few graduate programmes to be fair! It would be a nice surprise if they actually stuck to deadlines
Received email just now with instructions for next stage. Link will be sent out on 28th!!
Original post by Newfie12
Received email just now with instructions for next stage. Link will be sent out on 28th!!

Wonder if everyone progresses or they just loosened the pass mark. Either way, I'm glad because I hate SJTs!
Reply 63
Original post by ArnoldK
200!!

Roughly, how many positions are available?

Hi,

There's 22 of us in our cohort from 2017, but I don't know what numbers they are planning to take in this time around.

Cheers,

Graham
Hi Jason/Graham,

What is the age range of the cohort..... I assume most are in their twenties, but are there thirty-somethings or even maybe a forty-somethings in the cohort? I am looking to change careers so not a typical recent graduate :smile:

Rob
Reply 65
Thank you for your help so far.
I was wondering when the program starts? September?
Reply 66
Original post by infp2019
Hi Jason/Graham,

What is the age range of the cohort..... I assume most are in their twenties, but are there thirty-somethings or even maybe a forty-somethings in the cohort? I am looking to change careers so not a typical recent graduate :smile:

Rob

Hi Rob,

You're right, most are in their mid-twenties, however there's no requirement to apply within a certain time of getting your degree. There's a good few of us who decided to apply after working for a few years or wanted a career change. I'm 33 and graduated in 2008, so I'm a bit older than most of the people who made it on to the programme.

You shouldn't worry about when you graduated. As long as you have a degree you'll be eligible like anyone else.

Thanks,

Graham
Reply 67
Hi,

Induction week is the last week of August, and then you start your first post at the start of September :smile:

Cheers,

Jason
Original post by krowfan
Thank you for your help so far.
I was wondering when the program starts? September?
Has anyone received their link yet? thanks :smile:
Yeah. It went into my junk, but also got an email from the Capita team to say I should have received the link so knew to check.
Original post by Newfie12
Has anyone received their link yet? thanks :smile:
Hi,

I already have a holiday booked for half that week.. do you think Thai would be a problem?

It wasn’t mentioned in the application

Thanks
Original post by J-Dash25
Hi,

Induction week is the last week of August, and then you start your first post at the start of September :smile:

Cheers,

Jason
Reply 71
Has anyone done stage 2/tried the practice tests? If you have, what did you think?
Reply 72
Original post by Rhiggibs20
Hi,

I already have a holiday booked for half that week.. do you think Thai would be a problem?

It wasn’t mentioned in the application

Thanks

If you are appointed and get on the program, they will definitely be accomodating for things like this :smile:
Reply 73
Hello,

I'm having trouble logging into the verbal and numerical tests. I have received the email with the link from Talent Central which takes me to a log-in page.

Should I have received log-in details in a second email from Talent Central? I cannot log-in using my own email address. Grateful to hear what other people are using to log-in!

Vhairi
Reply 74
Hi,

I had the same issues and spent AGES looking for login details and ended up just registering instead of logging in. I feel it’s very unclear.
Original post by samixa
Hello,

I'm having trouble logging into the verbal and numerical tests. I have received the email with the link from Talent Central which takes me to a log-in page.

Should I have received log-in details in a second email from Talent Central? I cannot log-in using my own email address. Grateful to hear what other people are using to log-in!

Vhairi
Reply 75
Thanks!

Yeah, the instructions aren't the simplest. I think my problem was my browser (Google Chrome on Mac) as it wouldn't let me submit the registration form. Switched to internet explorer on a pc and I could submit my details through the registration form and could then access the tests.

Original post by KMS17
Hi,

I had the same issues and spent AGES looking for login details and ended up just registering instead of logging in. I feel it’s very unclear.
Reply 76
Oh maybe that’s what was wrong with mine. I also use chrome on a mac! How did you find the tests?
Original post by samixa
Thanks!

Yeah, the instructions aren't the simplest. I think my problem was my browser (Google Chrome on Mac) as it wouldn't let me submit the registration form. Switched to internet explorer on a pc and I could submit my details through the registration form and could then access the tests.
Reply 77
I've only sat the verbal one and thought it was okay. I'm taking a few more days to brush up on my maths skills! How have they been for you?
Original post by KMS17
Oh maybe that’s what was wrong with mine. I also use chrome on a mac! How did you find the tests?
Reply 78
I haven’t sat them yet, just done the practice ones! I was just concerned because with the practice ones I feel like I was really rushed for time, especially with the numerical one. Didn’t want to leave any blank, but also wanted to make sure I was getting the correct answers. That’s good that you didn’t find the verbal one too bad!
Original post by samixa
I've only sat the verbal one and thought it was okay. I'm taking a few more days to brush up on my maths skills! How have they been for you?
Hi, there does anybody know when the assessment centre takes places? I believe they said sometime in May but I'm looking for more specific dates/general time frame. Eg Early/Mid/late May

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending