The Student Room Group

Second degree

Hi,

I have a BA(Hons) Early Childhood Education but I want to study BSc (Hons) Psychological Studies.

The course is delivered through my local college (yr 1 & 2) & the final top-up year is delivered at Plymouth University.

Level: Level 4-5
Course Code:h:EB003 / C8L3
Duration: Two years, full-time; three years, part-time.

Would this course qualify for second-degree funding?
Original post by Stoneybird
Hi,

I have a BA(Hons) Early Childhood Education but I want to study BSc (Hons) Psychological Studies.

The course is delivered through my local college (yr 1 & 2) & the final top-up year is delivered at Plymouth University.

Level: Level 4-5
Course Code:h:EB003 / C8L3
Duration: Two years, full-time; three years, part-time.

Would this course qualify for second-degree funding?

Hi there,

This is what your course code brings back:

Psychology with Sociology - FT 3yrs
Psychology with Sociology - SW 4yrs (Placement in Year 3)
Psychology with Sociology EXTDYR - FT 4yrs (Integrated Foundation Year)
Psychology with Sociology EXTDYR - SW 5yrs (Integrated Foundation Year and Placement in Year 3)

I cannot find a course with the title and details you mentioned.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
Hi

The course code on the module handbook for the degree is C8L3

Would this course qualify for second-degree tuition fee funding? Also, can I also apply for a maintenance loan?

Thanks

Sharon

Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

This is what your course code brings back:

Psychology with Sociology - FT 3yrs
Psychology with Sociology - SW 4yrs (Placement in Year 3)
Psychology with Sociology EXTDYR - FT 4yrs (Integrated Foundation Year)
Psychology with Sociology EXTDYR - SW 5yrs (Integrated Foundation Year and Placement in Year 3)

I cannot find a course with the title and details you mentioned.

Regards,
Nihad
Hi

The course code on the module handbook for the degree is C8L3

Would this course qualify for second-degree tuition fee funding? Also, can I also apply for a maintenance loan?

Thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

That's what I'm trying to determine for you, but the course code you provided is not returning the course title and details you enquired about originally. You would need to double check this with your university so we can give you an accurate answer.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 4
Hi

I'm not sure if this will help but this is the page
https://www.petroc.ac.uk/content/courses/foundation-degree-in-psychological-studies1

The foundation degree in Psychological Studies is through Petroc North Devon Campus with the top up year provided by Plymouth. The details are correct according to Petroc website.
Hi

I'm not sure if this will help but this is the page
https://www.petroc.ac.uk/content/courses/foundation-degree-in-psychological-studies1

The foundation degree in Psychological Studies is through Petroc North Devon Campus with the top up year provided by Plymouth. The details are correct according to Petroc website.

Hi there,

Yes, it does thank you. I was able to find the course under Petroc.

You can get funding for the course under Part Time Exceptions. You would not be eligible for Full Time funding for this.

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 6
Thank you.

Can I also apply for maintenance loan?
Thank you.

Can I also apply for maintenance loan?

Hi there,

Yes, if you're physically attending the course then you can also apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. Applications will become available in the summer around June.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest