The Student Room Group

Counter Terrorism Security Check (CTC)

Has anyone had to carry out CTC pre-employment checks out for a role in the Civil Service?

How long did it take roughly to be completed?

I have received a provisional offer for a policy adviser role and I am now completing the pre-employment checks. I have heard it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months (which is a bit worrying).

Thanks!
A few weeks for the BPSS THEN the security vetting between a few weeks to many months.

UKSV's performance target is 25 working days for non-priority CTC.
I just submitted my CTC form last night and they told me it can take 6 to 8 weeks. I also received a provisional offer within the civil service. Which department did you get your offer?
Original post by ShamCC
Has anyone had to carry out CTC pre-employment checks out for a role in the Civil Service?

How long did it take roughly to be completed?

I have received a provisional offer for a policy adviser role and I am now completing the pre-employment checks. I have heard it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months (which is a bit worrying).

Thanks!
Reply 3
I have submitted health checks, proof of address documents, and completed a disclosure application. My referees have been also been contacted and their references sent.

As far as I know, I haven't even been sent the CTC form. Is that the National Security Vetting System form?

I was offered a place at DEFRA. Yourself?
Original post by ShamCC
I have submitted health checks, proof of address documents, and completed a disclosure application. My referees have been also been contacted and their references sent.

As far as I know, I haven't even been sent the CTC form. Is that the National Security Vetting System form?

Yes that's the form. It took then 3 weeks of sending me the form from my initial email provisional offer. Contact hr shared services about it if you're still waiting.

My department is ministry of housing, communities and local government
Hi there,

Have you been placed in a team with defra yet/ have a start date?

I’m still waiting months on....!
Original post by ShamCC

Reply 6
Hi, yes i've been placed and begun my role. It's a long process; I applied in December and have only recently begun my role.

I would keep pushing through HR, just lightly chasing them up regarding updates. Hopefully it comes through!
Original post by Mdavenport45
Hi there,

Have you been placed in a team with defra yet/ have a start date?

I’m still waiting months on....!
Thanks, that’s reassuring!
Has anyone have an idea about how long CTC takes to get in 2023?
Reply 9
Original post by ashy elgendy

Hello I submitted my CTC almost 3 weeks ago now still says in progress. However they did email asking me about a old address I lived in within 5 days of submitting so it’s being worked on at least lol
Reply 10

I am on week 8 if that helps still no word
Original post by HR2013
Hello I submitted my CTC almost 3 weeks ago now still says in progress. However they did email asking me about a old address I lived in within 5 days of submitting so it’s being worked on at least lol

Hey if I may ask do you need to give current supervisor’s details? If yes how many years you need to go back?thank you
Reply 12

mine cleared 3 weeks ago took 10 weeks
Reply 13
Anyone know how long CTC check will take? Did mine around the end of January and still waiting for the home office
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by _amani
Anyone know how long CTC check will take? Did mine around the end of January and still waiting for the home office
Submitted mine at end of September 2023 still nothing
Reply 15
Original post by BestDude90
Submitted mine at end of September 2023 still nothing
Woah, really hope it doesn’t take that long for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending