The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

do you have any reasons why someone shouldn't study at Exeter?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I had to edit part and add to it but , it is what it is.
Because they don’t have the highest student to tree ratio apparently 😂
Reply 4
Pretty much every complaint you make could have been avoided if you'd just gone to the bloody place before firming it.
Original post by Studentvoice443
I had to edit part and add to it but , it is what it is.

Yeah, what this post needed was more detail.
That was painful to read.

So you're saying Exeter is bad because it's not a campus (it is), it's surrounded by farmland (it's in the countryside of course it is), the nightlife isn't as good in rural Devon as in Manchester, it's on league tables and you don't like league tables, Exeter is quiet, the gym is expensive, the teaching is good.

TLDR of the whole thing: op was disappointed by Exeter campus because they thought it was going to be like Norwich.
(edited 5 years ago)
If they have given you so much to complain about alone dont think anyone acc needs to read it :rofl:
Reply 8
Original post by Aspidosperma

So you're saying Exeter is bad because it's not a campus (it is), it's surrounded by farmland (it's in the countryside of course it is), the nightlife isn't as good in rural Devon as in Manchester, it's on league tables and you don't like league tables, Exeter is quiet, the gym is expensive, the teaching is good.

TLDR of the whole thing: op was disappointed by Exeter campus because they thought it was going to be like Norwich.

Mad how they whinge that Exeter is too built up then say that the campus is too surrounded by nowt.
Is this an essay?
yes true , which is why I implore people not to make the mistake of not viewing your university
Original post by gjd800
Pretty much every complaint you make could have been avoided if you'd just gone to the bloody place before firming it.
£10 to anyone who actually read that monster.
Original post by Andrew97
£10 to anyone who actually read that monster.

Can I have 2p for reading the first line?
Dont want to sound rude but i wasted my time reading this.
You could have just said the importance of visiting a uni before actually choosing it.
The other reasons dont really make sense, it is a campus (might not be to your style) and i think most people know that the night life will obviously be better in big cities.

thanks for the tldr
I feel like you've simplified my points too much , and that's what I didn't want to do i wanted to lay it all on the table in a , yes long , but complete form.

Worst part is the OP says they enjoy writing...
Reply 17
Worst part is the OP says they enjoy writing...

As long as they enjoy their writing... :laugh:

Seriously though, OP, these complaints are less Exeter's fault, and more on you for dropping the ball by not visiting. It's a shame, but you have no real, reasonable basis on which to implore other people to avoid the place.
I think I do have a basis for advising people to avoid it because I cannot believe that in the UK there are no nicer places to study than Exeter. Have you lived in Exeter?
Original post by gjd800
As long as they enjoy their writing... :laugh:

Seriously though, OP, these complaints are less Exeter's fault, and more on you for dropping the ball by not visiting. It's a shame, but you have no real, reasonable basis on which to implore other people to avoid the place.
Reply 19
Original post by Studentvoice443
I think I do have a basis for advising people to avoid it because I cannot believe that in the UK there are no nicer places to study than Exeter. Have you lived in Exeter?

Based on your idea of what a place should be, not everybody else's.

Latest

Trending

Trending