The Student Room Group

Is 'Hello, you!' affectionate or used when you have forgotten someones name?

Someone recently said this to me whilst I have been at home from University. They said it in quite an upbeat voice. I hadn't seen them for at least two years prior to this.

Is it a sign that they had forgotten my name, or an indication they were pleased to see me?
Language =/= mathematics
Original post by Anonymous
Someone recently said this to me whilst I have been at home from University. They said it in quite an upbeat voice. I hadn't seen them for at least two years prior to this.

Is it a sign that they had forgotten my name, or an indication they were pleased to see me?

Potentially had forgotten your name. Potentially saying it out of affection. Potentially saying it out of surprise of seeing you.

No way of knowing unless you ask them, which seems to be the answer to most of these questions you ask. We can only speculate.
I say this to people I am very happy and surprised to see, and it is in no way an indication I forgot your name.
''hello you'' sounds like something a person from a small village from the 1810s might say to the love of their life that they've known for 2 seconds but will marry and die with at the age of 27.
Wow. Weirdly specific, I love it.
Original post by mpaprika
''hello you'' sounds like something a person from a small village from the 1810s might say to the love of their life that they've known for 2 seconds but will marry and die with at the age of 27.
Reply 6
I think I've found a community for others with your 'affliction':

Original post by Anonymous

Call me naive but I would read it as they were pleased to see me
It sounds cute to me, depending on who is saying it. :smile:
This is the vibe of the person I imagine in my head when thinking about someone telling me "hello you". IdK why.

Hope I don't get banned for sharing this, lmao.

Just replace the, "hi stranger" with "hello you".

Spoiler

Original post by Unexpectedly
It sounds cute to me, depending on who is saying it. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LegallyJasmine
This is the vibe of the person I imagine in my head when thinking about someone telling me "hey you". IdK why.

Hope I don't get banned for sharing this, lmao.

Just replace the, "hi stranger" with "hello you".

Spoiler

That was disturbing
You've never seen it? It's worse if you make eye contact with him whilst watching (assuming you didn't). But yeah, "hello you" sounds creepy to me for some odd reason.
Original post by harrysbar
That was disturbing
(edited 5 years ago)
You've never seen it? It's worse if you make eye contact with him while watching (assuming you didn't). But yeah, "hello you" sounds creepy to me for some odd reason.

Of course I didn't make eye contact with him while watching it! It was creepy enough without looking at that.....thing.....
HAHAHHA. He's got a nice arse though.

Kidding, kidding, kidding.
Original post by harrysbar
Of course I didn't make eye contact with him while watching it! It was creepy enough without looking at that.....thing.....
HAHAHHA. He's got a nice arse though.

Kidding, kidding, kidding.

:naughty:
Original post by mpaprika

What do you mean?!
Reply 16
The only times i've said "Hello you"... it contained endearment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending