The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PGCE 2019-2020 entry

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had recently applied to UCL to do a pgce... I applied back in early November and I had my interview last week!
They said we will hear back in the next two days but still haven't heard anything...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I am in the middle of my own application. Didn't have my interview yet. Can you tell me how was it?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Thank you so much! What type of teacher training are you applying for, if you don`t mind me asking?
Hey!

I applied late November, had my interview the middle of December and had received a notification on UCAS saying I've got a place a week later, which I have accepted as my Firm Choice :smile: I'm going to be on the English with Drama PGCE

What course are you planning on doing?

(Original post by H.IQBAL786)Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had recently applied to UCL to do a pgce... I applied back in early November and I had my interview last week!
They said we will hear back in the next two days but still haven't heard anything...
Reply 4
Just got the email that I'm invited to an interview on the 12th of Feburary :smile: can't wait! What was the hardest part you found? I'm thinking perhaps the debate is quite hard and the personal interview will be the easiest?
Reply 5
Just received my offer a day after the interview/assessment. So happy :smile:
Hi all,Another UCL PGCE offer holder here! I'm doing a Biology PGCE, how about everyone else?
Hi there, I’m also going to UCL and doing a PGCE in English with Drama 🙂 Have you received an offer recently?
Original post by miz rahman
Hi all,Another UCL PGCE offer holder here! I'm doing a Biology PGCE, how about everyone else?
Hi Laura,I recieved the offer just under a month ago now! Congratulations on your offer too:smile: really looking forward to starting, i think im quite done with Uni and just the whole student life. I want the tables to turn now lol
Congrats! Are you still at Uni now? I graduated last year so it’s been nice just doing my own thing and having loads of time to prepare before I start at UCL 🙂 have you passed your Skills tests yet? I’ve literally just passed my Numeracy test yesterday (3rd attempt lol)
Hi Laura,I recieved the offer just under a month ago now! Congratulations on your offer too:smile: really looking forward to starting, i think im quite done with Uni and just the whole student life. I want the tables to turn now lol
I am indeed! Im in my final year! Just a few weeks left now. Nice to know you graduated and had that extra prep time before making the huge move too haha. I did the tests a while ago now? I just got it out of the way as soon as I sent my UCAS application off
Original post by LauraD_123
Congrats! Are you still at Uni now? I graduated last year so it’s been nice just doing my own thing and having loads of time to prepare before I start at UCL 🙂 have you passed your Skills tests yet? I’ve literally just passed my Numeracy test yesterday (3rd attempt lol)
Ah nice, what Uni are you at? Anywhere local to UCL. That’s good, I did the English one really quickly, sometime in December which was when I got my offer. Took me till March to pass the Maths though purely because I’m so bad at it aha
I am indeed! Im in my final year! Just a few weeks left now. Nice to know you graduated and had that extra prep time before making the huge move too haha. I did the tests a while ago now? I just got it out of the way as soon as I sent my UCAS application off
I am at Cardiff Uni so quite a trek away! I get that most home students must live near or around the london area but distance doesn't bother me i can get my training done at a first class institution! Congratulations on getting the tests completed too
Oh wow that is far! But brave of you to move so far away, are you from Cardiff? Where are you planning to live during your time studying? I was actually curious to know whether UCL offer student halls to teacher trainees as it would be something I’d be interested if there was!
I am at Cardiff Uni so quite a trek away! I get that most home students must live near or around the london area but distance doesn't bother me i can get my training done at a first class institution! Congratulations on getting the tests completed too
Reply 14
Hey guys, a UCL English PGCE offer holder here too! :smile: And congrats on getting your offers! I'm still sitting on the fence between UCL and Goldsmiths. What made you guys choose UCL in the end? The main thing that's concerning me is the large size of the course at UCL at over 100 students on the course so I'm not sure how much direct support we might receive from the lecturers. Goldsmiths takes on a much smaller number on the other hand...Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Hi there Hanna!

Firstly congrats on your offers! I actually went to Goldmiths to look at too and hated it, after encountering the most insufferable woman in charge of the English and Drama course there 😔 She basically criticized every kind of drama related work experience I have done, so I simply just walked out of the open day and didn’t bother applying! I would definitely recommend UCL, firstly the free bursary we get is quite a lot and UCL is of course a world class institution ☺️ I also knew a girl who currently does a placement at the school I work in who goes to UCL at the moment and she says that hardly anyone is applying for teaching training this year which could mean the class sizes will be a lot smaller, from experience when I went to my interviews at UCL and Middlesex there was only 3 other people being interviewed at UCL and 2 others for Middlesex (bare in mind this was also during the busiest stages of applying for teacher training before Christmas!) so I’d definitely say UCL but of course it’s up to you!

Maybe meet you soon if you end up choosing UCL!
Original post by Hana108
Hey guys, a UCL English PGCE offer holder here too! :smile: And congrats on getting your offers! I'm still sitting on the fence between UCL and Goldsmiths. What made you guys choose UCL in the end? The main thing that's concerning me is the large size of the course at UCL at over 100 students on the course so I'm not sure how much direct support we might receive from the lecturers. Goldsmiths takes on a much smaller number on the other hand...Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Reply 16
Hey LauraD,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! So I've decided to go with UCL after all and will probably see you around! :smile: When I went for my UCL interview not long ago, there were more than 10 candidates in my session! I remember one person did ask about the intake for this year and they said they're about 2/3rds full now so I'm guessing the class size will be quite big but it will be nice to meet lots of new people. Anyway, it will be a full on year, feeling scared and excited at the same time! Also, I thought the bursary we get will be the same regardless of institution cos it's based on the subject we train in?
Original post by Hana108

I don't know if I've done this right? just downloaded the tsr app lol. Any who

congratulations on your offers Hana! I chose UCL for a few reasons tbh. I've done my undergrad (well in final year now) in Cardiff and it's incredibly peaceful here lol. so i would love to experience the change in environment. Well, for at least a year anyway. Reason 2, Since it's known for its world class teacher training and ranked 1 in Educational Research, I feel that a PGCE from here will somewhat give you that edge. Especially if you want to consider teaching abroad options. I might want to go abroad only for a year or two just to experience it. So the UCL qualification stands out. Also London places are crazy and I love food so I am more inclined to a move to london lol
Food places* and I quoted myself...oh my days
Hey Hana,

Glad to hear you picked UCL! Will definitely see you around as English/Drama PGCE and the English PGCE share some lectures. That’s quite interesting you say that the interview was really busy for you, for mine there was only 3 other girls who I got the impression seemed like they would be going elsewhere as they had gone to Drama only PGCE interviews. The lecturer in charge of the Drama/English combined PGCE said they were only taking 20 as well? The bursary for my combined course is only given at UCL because hardly any institutions give the bursary for Drama 😕 I’m excited for September too, I think I’m more nervous about the things I can’t really control, like what my Placement mentor will be like, how far away my school will be and what the school will be like etc.

Hope to see you soon anyways, are you going to the open evening in June?
Original post by Hana108
Hey LauraD,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! So I've decided to go with UCL after all and will probably see you around! :smile: When I went for my UCL interview not long ago, there were more than 10 candidates in my session! I remember one person did ask about the intake for this year and they said they're about 2/3rds full now so I'm guessing the class size will be quite big but it will be nice to meet lots of new people. Anyway, it will be a full on year, feeling scared and excited at the same time! Also, I thought the bursary we get will be the same regardless of institution cos it's based on the subject we train in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending