The Student Room Group

Rejected army application !!!

Ddss
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Rebeccaree
Hi my sons application for the army on the grounds of medical (p8) were only at early stage so it’s the form they got back from GP!
So they said back in 2011-2015 he had vasovgal attects! He just fainted they said it happened 4 times but we can only remember it only happened twice! They have also mentioned about pancreatitis which he had last year but it was only mild pancreatitis and didn’t know if it was down to mumps?
I just don’t know what to or get that will help him he leaves school this year and hopes to go to Harrogate! Any help or advice would be really grateful! As he is so gutted if he doesn’t get in the army he doesn’t know what to do in life!
He’s very fit etc he does boxing, Bikes to school! TIA Becky xx

So like... does he even want to join the army, or do you want him to join the army...?
Hi my sons application for the army on the grounds of medical (p8) were only at early stage so it’s the form they got back from GP!
So they said back in 2011-2015 he had vasovgal attects! He just fainted they said it happened 4 times but we can only remember it only happened twice! They have also mentioned about pancreatitis which he had last year but it was only mild pancreatitis and didn’t know if it was down to mumps?
I just don’t know what to or get that will help him he leaves school this year and hopes to go to Harrogate! Any help or advice would be really grateful! As he is so gutted if he doesn’t get in the army he doesn’t know what to do in life!

I'm also intrigued to know whether you're forcing this on him?
Reply 3
Hi no he’s always wanted to join since he was about 6! He’s absolutely devastated about it all and doesn’t even know what he’s gonna do now! As he had his heart set on the army
Original post by Ciel.
So like... does he even want to join the army, or do you want him to join the army...?
Reply 4
Hi no he’s always wanted to join since he was about 6! He’s absolutely devastated about it all and doesn’t even know what he’s gonna do now! As he had his heart set on the army

If he's failed the medical, there isn't anything you can do at this stage except consider what his next steps could be. I personally don't know how long past medical conditions stay relevant for on medical examinations, so I don't know whether he can reapply later given his history.

Could he try joining the territorial army? Or perhaps doing an apprenticeship in a relevant field like engineering?
Reply 6

Ah... Well, they are pretty strict when it comes to your medical history. Not sure if there's anything he can do.
Reply 7
Your son being fit in normal life and not being affected by any conditions he had/has doesn't mean he is fit to join the Army.

He could appeal the medical rejection, but needs to show his medical records are incorrect or incomplete. Not a medical expert, but the pancreatitis being only last year may require a recovery period before an application is accepted. However, more than 1 fainting spell is a bar to entry.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
We’ve got 2 ck 3 consultant letter stating it couldn’t of been pancreatitis due to his bloods being normally and that it could be due to injury from boxing! Also have another letter from a consultant about the Faintings staying they were simple faints and they have been none since! X
Reply 9
Original post by AspiringAccount
I'm also intrigued to know whether you're forcing this on him?

No would never force him to do something that he doesn’t want to do! This has been his career path for many years !!!!
Reply 10
Original post by Ciel.

As I have said previously this is own career path he wants to take! I put a lot of info in my query! Simply for help not to be questioned on am I forcing him into doing something he doesn’t want to do! Thanks for your reply!
Reply 11
As I have said previously this is own career path he wants to take! I put a lot of info in my query! Simply for help not to be questioned on am I forcing him into doing something he doesn’t want to do! Thanks for your reply!

That was an old post, my 2nd one was this:
Original post by Ciel.
Ah... Well, they are pretty strict when it comes to your medical history. Not sure if there's anything he can do.

Quick Reply

Latest