sumaya7363
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey guys, so i got an offer to do dentistry at Plymouth uni and was looking at possible accommodation since I firmed them) and noticed how the facility of medicine and dentistry is somewhat far from the university accommodation (this is coming from the girl who literally walks everywhere). I want to know what accommodation other people are looking at and whether you'll be commuting from the uni halls to the dentistry faculty as well. Congrats to anywhere who did get an offer btw.
maryamjadun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I guess I'm in the same situation as you. Looks like uni accom is quite far from the dental school. what were you thinking?
sumaya7363
Rep:
?
Nothing is really confirmed for me yet but I am potentially looking at Robbins halls simply because of the fact that I still want a uni managed accommodation for first year. What about you?
(Original post by maryamjadun)
Hi, I guess I'm in the same situation as you. Looks like uni accom is quite far from the dental school. what were you thinking?
lucykilga
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I dont know wether you guys are BDS or DTH but I was told that there is a free bus for peninsula students from campus up to the hospital during the week if that's any help.
I'm doing DTH and have booked Astor house & so is another girl in my flat
sumaya7363
Rep:
?
Hey thanks for this reply I am BDS and was really worried about what I was going to do in regards to travelling from accommodation to the hospital. Thanks for clearing that up for us 😊
(Original post by lucykilga)
I dont know wether you guys are BDS or DTH but I was told that there is a free bus for peninsula students from campus up to the hospital during the week if that's any help.
csy48
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, first year BDS student at Plymouth. All of your timetabled sessions (lectures, EBL, SDLE etc) will be in main campus for year 1. We rarely go to the John Bull Building. Having your accomodation in the city, near uni is the best actually! But there is free busses between the Dental Education Facilities (clinic) at Derriford and Devonport and city center when you do start on clinic.
(Original post by sumaya7363)
Hey guys, so i got an offer to do dentistry at Plymouth uni and was looking at possible accommodation since I firmed them) and noticed how the facility of medicine and dentistry is somewhat far from the university accommodation (this is coming from the girl who literally walks everywhere). I want to know what accommodation other people are looking at and whether you'll be commuting from the uni halls to the dentistry faculty as well. Congrats to anywhere who did get an offer btw.
sumaya7363
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. Also good luck with first year exams if you haven’t done them already 😊
(Original post by csy48)
Hi, first year BDS student at Plymouth. All of your timetabled sessions (lectures, EBL, SDLE etc) will be in main campus for year 1. We rarely go to the John Bull Building. Having your accomodation in the city, near uni is the best actually! But there is free busses between the Dental Education Facilities (clinic) at Derriford and Devonport and city center when you do start on clinic.
maryamjadun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sumaya7363)
Nothing is really confirmed for me yet but I am potentially looking at Robbins halls simply because of the fact that I still want a uni managed accommodation for first year. What about you?
hey sorry ive only just seen this, u got anything i can message u on other than this?
monikarj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lucykilga)
I'm also starting dentistry and living in astor house next year, I haven't found anyone else!
lucykilga
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by monikarj)
I'm also starting dentistry and living in astor house next year, I haven't found anyone else!
Awesome, our courses are fully integrated in first year so I’ll see you in September!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.26%
Pop (199)
24.39%
Jazz (33)
4.04%
Classical (46)
5.64%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.87%