The Student Room Group

GCU vs Cardiff University

I have recieved offers for radiotherapy from both Glasgow Caledonian University and Cardiff University my top 2 but I'm not sure which to pick as my firm choice. I'd really appreciate any input. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by f_841
I have recieved offers for radiotherapy from both Glasgow Caledonian University and Cardiff University my top 2 but I'm not sure which to pick as my firm choice. I'd really appreciate any input. Thank you!

Which do you prefer?
Reply 2
I preferred Cardiff to be honest but glasgow also looks like it could be great, also I've never actually been to Glasgow But then the NHS bursary also impacts the decision
Original post by Doones
Which do you prefer?
Reply 3
Original post by f_841
I preferred Cardiff to be honest but glasgow also looks like it could be great, also I've never actually been to Glasgow But then the NHS bursary also impacts the decision

You should probably take a trip up to Glasgow then :smile:
Original post by f_841

do you feel confident that you will stay in wales the two years after your degree?
Reply 5
I think I should but I doubt I'd have the time, especially since I'm an Irish student
Original post by Doones
You should probably take a trip up to Glasgow then :smile:
Reply 6
I would love to work in Wales afterwards, but how likely is it that I'd get the bursary? Do most ppl get them or?
Original post by claireestelle
do you feel confident that you will stay in wales the two years after your degree?
Reply 7
Original post by f_841
I think I should but I doubt I'd have the time, especially since I'm an Irish student

I think Glasgow has an airport...
Original post by f_841
I would love to work in Wales afterwards, but how likely is it that I'd get the bursary? Do most ppl get them or?

I think as long as you meet the uk residency criteria then you are eligible to apply, its explained here https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/funding/funding-your-healthcare-course/nhs-bursary
Reply 9
I realise, but with exams and all that it's not practical. Especially since it's towards the end of the year. Had I been called for an interview in January or February or been made aware that they didn't do interviews I would have visited ages ago.
Original post by Doones
I think Glasgow has an airport...
Reply 10
It's not really very clear for EU students but thank you!
I think as long as you meet the uk residency criteria then you are eligible to apply, its explained here https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/funding/funding-your-healthcare-course/nhs-bursary
Original post by f_841
It's not really very clear for EU students but thank you!

It depends on whether you have settled status or not i believe.
Reply 12
I'm not sure what that means could you explain it please
It depends on whether you have settled status or not i believe.
Original post by f_841
I'm not sure what that means could you explain it please

how long have you lived in the uk? do you have a british passport or citizenship?
Original post by f_841

Glasgow caledonian Uni seems good
Reply 15
I've lived in Ireland my whole life and I've an Irish passport
how long have you lived in the uk? do you have a british passport or citizenship?

Regards
Reply 16
Do you go there ? Do you know anything about the facilities, staff etc.?
Original post by yemenia16
Glasgow caledonian Uni seems good
Original post by f_841
Do you go there ? Do you know anything about the facilities, staff etc.?

They’ve got really good staff and lots of facilities
Reply 18
Thank you x that'll definitely be helpful
Original post by yemenia16
They’ve got really good staff and lots of facilities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending