The Student Room Group

Stressed. is 1 month revision okay?

Hi Everyone! I'm so scared and stressed, and having a literal breakdown because I haven't done any revision for all of my GCSE Subjects including English lit and lang, maths, combined science and tomorrow is the 1st of April. so if I revise from tomorrow will I still be able to get good grades like grades 4 or 5? and if possible please tell me any revision techniques/methods you have done which worked efficiently and link any websites which are useful for the following subjects as well:
English lit+lang, Maths, Combined Science, Religious Studies, Geography, Spanish

Thank you, Everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you can get any grade that you wan't. There is a secret I want to tell you on how to do that. You can go from a U to a 9 easily, all you have to do is grind during the easter holidays don't watch TV/social media use your phone wake up early e.g. 4am and grind for like 9 hours and take lots of frequent breaks and by the time you know it you'll suprass the 4/5. last year I did that and got a 6 in lit and a 9 in R.E and I only revised during Easter btw I'm in year 11 now.

Goodluck - I only started last week wednesday :smile:
Reply 2
You can easily get 4 or 5 with a month’s revision if you’re doing foundation papers. Anything higher though and you should have started a lot earlier, October time. Chop chop!
@rockyball89 Thank you much for the tip! and what do you mean by ''grind''?
@Deggs_14 I'm doing Foundation for Spanish, Maths. Combined Science.
I didnt start revising for my gcses last year until easter and I ended up with mostly 7's. So as long as you revise effectively (exam papers and youtube videos for me but whatever works for you) you will be ok. Good luck!
@Cloudiii Thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by LuxuriousAngel
@Deggs_14 I'm doing Foundation for Spanish, Maths. Combined Science.

That should be possible! Make sure to use your science revision guides and make some flash cards or revision materials. You can watch Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on you tube as well. Spanish practice reading, listening, writing and translation from your textbook or online. Also use the speaking cards on the aqa website and draft some writing. Maths I can’t stress the importance of past papers, even using old spec papers for yours spec, maths is maths so just do as much practice a a possible and mark it. Try questions again that you got wrong and see your teacher if you don’t understand them. Good luck!
Original post by Cloudiii
I didnt start revising for my gcses last year until easter and I ended up with mostly 7's. So as long as you revise effectively (exam papers and youtube videos for me but whatever works for you) you will be ok. Good luck!

I never revised for my mocks and I always end up with 7's . Can I get 8/9's if I revise A LOT from now
btw OP anything is possible
you still have time all you need is the mentality that you want to do well then nothing can stop you:smile:
@Deggs_14 Thanks for the advice! will definitely try that tomorrow!
Original post by Chemist123
I never revised for my mocks and I always end up with 7's . Can I get 8/9's if I revise A LOT from now

I cant say for sure, but if you know all the content and really make sure you know how to answer questions based on the mark scheme I dont see why not.
Anyone else got any advice?
Reply 13
YES IT IS!!!!!! DONT WORRY!!! Bang out revision now and it’ll be fine!!!:biggrin: not too late
help
Reply 15
Is it too late for me to buy the single science revision guides
Reply 16
Original post by SBizzy
Is it too late for me to buy the single science revision guides

Never too late
Original post by rockyball89
Yes, you can get any grade that you wan't. There is a secret I want to tell you on how to do that. You can go from a U to a 9 easily, all you have to do is grind during the easter holidays don't watch TV/social media use your phone wake up early e.g. 4am and grind for like 9 hours and take lots of frequent breaks and by the time you know it you'll suprass the 4/5. last year I did that and got a 6 in lit and a 9 in R.E and I only revised during Easter btw I'm in year 11 now.

Goodluck - I only started last week wednesday :smile:

Silly question but when you say 'grind' what stuff would you usually do that counts as effective 'grinding? Should I jump straight to past papers to teach me the content?
Reply 18
Original post by Hiro2468
Silly question but when you say 'grind' what stuff would you usually do that counts as effective 'grinding? Should I jump straight to past papers to teach me the content?

I think it’s important to know the content properly first cause past papers should really be utilised for practising the application as opposed to learning stuff
you can literally get any grade you wan't. I find it amazing how people can drastically change their lives round or improve if they put the work in. There was a boy in yr 11 in my science class last year and he was failing he was getting 2's and 1's - When we came back easter and we had a test he got a 8.

Grinding = short notes e.g. if the textbook says a sole trader is one person that owns a business write in your notes soletrader = 1 person owns
and do lots of past papers! I started revising around this time last year I eneded up with 8/9 except maths with a 6. I did lots of intense revision of easter though e.g. 7 hours with regular breaks
Original post by Hiro2468

Quick Reply

Latest