The Student Room Group

Fake News

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by z-hog
Oh, I see. As long as they balance their biases it's alright to be biased. They could be anti-Tory on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for as long as they are pro on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, that is exactly what their Charter states and you want it to be. Political neutrality, yuk.

So how balanced do you rate the Panorama programme in question? I found it intellectually dishonest and emotionally manipulative, a political propaganda feature, nothing to do with objective and impartial journalism. You found it quite on the mark, what was so good about it?

So your problem isn't with bias per se, but with perceived bias against your existing position.
Reply 21
Original post by Drewski
Haven't watched it. Couldn't care less. Just find you intensely annoying and pretentious.

Precisely, you're just a time waster devoid of ideas coming here to make animal noises. I've indulged you long enough, now go away.
Reply 22
Original post by QE2
So basically you are saying that the media reports that we can't trust what the media reports.
Or rather, "I trust any media source that confirms my prejudices and reject any that contradicts them".
T'was always thus!

Yeah, that's right. I do get that the totalitarian mindset will never understand my angle, that is equally true. Proud of it and all.
Original post by z-hog
Can you please clear off with that childish stuff, if you feel like commenting on the BBC and the alleged lack of political impartiality that's fine. This old game of going for the messenger every time you don't like the message is boring. All I want is for them to be neutral, if you and others are oblivious to that it only shows how far people have gone to sleep over such matters. Even pretending I'm the only person in this country who worries about what's going on at the BBC is silly.

Oh give over its a perfectly fair comment to make and shows how one eyed and naive you are.
The DM isnt a responsible news source and often ends up creating the news rather than reporting it. The BBC produces tens of thousands of news articles each year, its inevitable that sometimes reporting is wrong because of its sources. Its a tiny percentage.

You are the one constantly posting about fake news. If you dont trust the BBC, then use multiple sources rather than the DM or infowars or your favourite youtube channel. I havent said you are the only person going on about it thats just you being a victim rather than showing any abilityu for objective analysis.
Original post by z-hog
Precisely, you're just a time waster devoid of ideas coming here to make animal noises. I've indulged you long enough, now go away.

Mate, if you think I'm devoid of ideas you should try reading your own posts once in a while...

Wind your neck in and get on with life. Worrying about pointless **** like this is like a rocking horse; it'll give you something to do, but it's not going to get you anywhere, ever.
Reply 25
Original post by 999tigger
You are the one constantly posting about fake news. If you don't trust the BBC...

And that bothers you big time, people posting about fake news. Why is that, then?
Reply 26
Original post by Drewski
Wind your neck in and get on with life. Worrying about pointless **** like this is like a rocking horse; it'll give you something to do, but it's not going to get you anywhere, ever.

I'll go halves, it may be pointless indeed to go on about it but the way the media condition public perceptions of the world and the role played in it by the State broadcaster are areas of deep interest to me. You just need to dedicate your time to discussions more in tune with your interests, that's all.

Quick Reply

Latest