The Student Room Group

Who is Ready for GCSES in 2 months

who is ready for GCSES in 2 months well im not lol
(edited 5 years ago)
hahahaha me neither
you revising hard
hellllppppp meeeeeee???????
Reply 2
If you do not have A levels in 1 month, you do not know the definition of help me. No, urban dictionary will not help either.
Original post by arieslover
hahahaha me neither
you revising hard
hellllppppp meeeeeee???????
listen gcse is in 41 freakin days it is sooooo difficult to catch up with 8 freakin subject wheras you will 3-4 subjects therefore urban dictionary will have the definition of 'help me'
Reply 4
Please save/ take a picture of this thread, I guarantee in two years you will not feel the same way!
Trust me, taking even 3 a levels is basically equivalent of taking like 12 gcses. And, to make it worse, content is 10x harder.
Original post by arieslover
listen gcse is in 41 freakin days it is sooooo difficult to catch up with 8 freakin subject wheras you will 3-4 subjects therefore urban dictionary will have the definition of 'help me'
I'm prepared I started revising since year 10 and I have covered everything and practiced every papers! My grades are a mixture of 8/9

Spoiler

Reply 6
last few months are the be all or end all. nothing else matters, get your head down now and youll thank yourself later. Coming from someone with experience you just need to keep a strong mental even if you are unprepared.
Original post by rockyball89
I'm prepared I started revising since year 10 and I have covered everything and practiced every papers! My grades are a mixture of 8/9

Spoiler

so I can still get the 8's and 9's bearing in mind that my grades are mostly 6's with a couple of 7's? I think whats stopping me from revising is I'm afraid I might fail despite the effort I put in.. :frown: Because, some year 11's last year told me that you can fail even if you try
Original post by thoque
last few months are the be all or end all. nothing else matters, get your head down now and youll thank yourself later. Coming from someone with experience you just need to keep a strong mental even if you are unprepared.
Reply 8
mate i failed all my mocks and ended up with all A's and A*'s, dont let other peoples thoughts change your perception and skill level, focus on improving your areas of weaknesses and stop focussing on the number that comes out of it, its the product of your hardwork, shouldnt prevent you from doing the work, otherwise your going about it wrong and you wont improve.

Original post by rockyball89
so I can still get the 8's and 9's bearing in mind that my grades are mostly 6's with a couple of 7's? I think whats stopping me from revising is I'm afraid I might fail despite the effort I put in.. :frown: Because, some year 11's last year told me that you can fail even if you try
Original post by thoque
mate i failed all my mocks and ended up with all A's and A*'s, dont let other peoples thoughts change your perception and skill level, focus on improving your areas of weaknesses and stop focussing on the number that comes out of it, its the product of your hardwork, shouldnt prevent you from doing the work, otherwise your going about it wrong and you wont improve.

How do you suggest I revise now, what with 40 odd days left? What did you do aha? I'm still making notes to revise from and should be done by this Friday. I then have 5 weeks till my first exam. This doesn't seem like a lot of time to practise for 10 subjects aha. What would you do?
Reply 10
Personally, i was ready by this time, although it only took me about a month, just didnt care too much for mocks. You still have time to make a massive impact on your grade. Making notes is good although you need to be conservative with what little time you have left (flashcards and VERY condensed notes to the VERY fine details ONLY are good for cramming info). Go over notes very frequently but only spend maybe 10-15mins going over them. Make sure you do past papers, do not underestimate them. No point learning all the info if you cant apply it so make sure you do at least a couple papers a day.
Also do not forget to read through examiners' reports (these differ based on exam boards) but examiners will say where most students go wrong. Do a paper, mark it, then read through this to see where you went wrong along with the common mistakes from students.
Keep focussed, dont lose mental integrity and dont just spend hours reading a textbook!

Original post by Randoman019
How do you suggest I revise now, what with 40 odd days left? What did you do aha? I'm still making notes to revise from and should be done by this Friday. I then have 5 weeks till my first exam. This doesn't seem like a lot of time to practise for 10 subjects aha. What would you do?
Original post by thoque
Personally, i was ready by this time, although it only took me about a month, just didnt care too much for mocks. You still have time to make a massive impact on your grade. Making notes is good although you need to be conservative with what little time you have left (flashcards and VERY condensed notes to the VERY fine details ONLY are good for cramming info). Go over notes very frequently but only spend maybe 10-15mins going over them. Make sure you do past papers, do not underestimate them. No point learning all the info if you cant apply it so make sure you do at least a couple papers a day.
Also do not forget to read through examiners' reports (these differ based on exam boards) but examiners will say where most students go wrong. Do a paper, mark it, then read through this to see where you went wrong along with the common mistakes from students.
Keep focussed, dont lose mental integrity and dont just spend hours reading a textbook!

You're an absolute legend mate. How would I only go over my notes 10/15 mins tho lol? Also, what did you get in your gcses? What do you do now?
Reply 12
Currently revising for my A levels in a month, my gcses were pretty much equivalent of the new 7/8/9 so i got a mix, but mostly A*.
What i mean by that is your notes need to be consise, write down only the very important points on a small card/flashcard or bulletpointed on an A4 paper and it should be short enough for you to read it and say it to yourself (outloud if you have to) trying to explain the info to yourself. its a great way of cramming info, but you shouldnt spend too much time making these notes, they are not the most important part of revising. Past paper questiions and re-reading the notes will be, you wont have time to do both if you spend weeks doing them initially.
Original post by Randoman019
You're an absolute legend mate. How would I only go over my notes 10/15 mins tho lol? Also, what did you get in your gcses? What do you do now?

Quick Reply

Latest